Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

06 January 2009

Pop Pop

Let me give you a little background.

I have 2 step-siblings, Ron & Tracy. My dad & their mom got married 6 years ago. My parents were married for 39 years when my mom passed away due to cancer. Ron & Tracy's parents were married for either 33 or 35 years, either way a very long time, when they divorced. My dad & their mom met, and of course the rest is history!

I had never met their father {George, Pop Pop to the kids} until I moved down here almost 3 years ago. Let me tell you, I was so nervous to meet him. I had no clue if he had any animosity towards me, since I was the kid of the guy his ex-wife married.

Well, meeting George was a breeze! We get along great! I have even taken him to the doctor when Ron & Tracy couldn't take him! The best part about George is that he loves the little kids, his grandkids. And the most amazing thing about that is that he considers Caroline one of his own!

Our 1st Christmas down here, we were invited to their family Christmas, which I tried to politely duck out of. Not that I didn't want to go, but I'm not his family, and I didn't want to intrude! Tracy & Ron told me I had to be there with Caroline because he had bought her presents! WOW! I wasn't expecting that!

So, on Christmas Eve, Caroline spends Christmas with Pop Pop, when she's not with her dad.

She didn't make it in time this year, but she did call and talk to him while we were there!

Blake

Dillon

Pop Pop & his girlfriend Sherry


My sister-in-law, Analisa got these huge blow-up boxing gloves for all the kiddos


As you can see, it wasn't long until the adults took them away from the kids!

Ron & Tracy

Tab & Tracy

Tracy got knocked over the back of the couch



Boog opening one of her gifts from Pop Pop in the car on Christmas Eve

No comments: