Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

14 January 2009

Pennies for Patients


Caroline is just too cute! I love her to pieces, and I love her honesty in this video! Super cute!

Caroline's School is participating in this year's Pennies for Patients campaign. When she first told me about it, she never mentioned the Pasta Party. She told me about that yesterday after school! But when she 1st told me, she made me cry like a baby:

Caroline: Mommy, remember those quarters you let me have?

Me: Of course I remember, baby.

Caroline: Well, I took them to school and gave them away.

Me: Caroline, I didn't let you have them so you could give them away, they were to put in your piggy bank!

Caroline: But mom, other kids needed them!

Me: Well, then their parents can give them money.

Caroline: But they don't have any. It's for Pennies for Patients.

Me: What?

Caroline: Pennies for Patients mom. We can bring our money from our piggy banks if we want to, we don't have to, it's our choice, and we give them to kids who have all different blood cancers that are in the hospital.

Several Minutes pass

Me: {Bawling} You gave those kids your quarters?

Caroline: Yes, why are you crying, because I was in the hospital?

Me: Partly, but mostly because I think your so sweet to give those kids your money, and it makes me proud.

Caroline: Do you mind if I take my whole piggy bank to them, they need it.

Me: {Crying even harder now} Sure baby, and you can have all our change too.

Caroline: Yours and Tab's?

Me: Both of ours baby.

Caroline: Sweeeeeeet!!!! I'm going get to write my name on 2 papers for helping!

Apparently, the Kindergarten class who has the most kids donate, will win a Pasta Party from Olive Garden. What makes this so sweet, is that even though Caroline wants to win the party, she already donated the first day, and then still wanted to give them her money even though it wouldn't get her class any closer to winning the party!

We counted her money yesterday morning before school and she had $12 to give! I must be doing something right!

3 comments:

LeAnna said...

Aw! I just got chills reading this! She is very sweet, I'm sure you are extremly proud!

Anonymous said...

I’m glad she didn’t ask me ‘cause I’d be in the poorhouse right about now from giving her all my $$! She’s a doll!!! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

That’s sweet. What a cutie!!!