Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

04 August 2009

Encouragement


I could go on and on about encouragement. I love this topic because this is something vital to everyone. I also love that we are doing it in this forum {blogville} because most of us blog for memories and whether we realize it or not, encouragement.

Each blog we read has something that draws us to it: parenting, loss, friendships, faith, humor... you name it and there is a blog about it.

We read for entertainment sure, but stop and really think about some of the blogs you visit. I can promise you that you get encouragement from most of them if not all of them. It may not be that you're even looking for encouragement, but that you stumbled upon it. We all struggle in our own ways, and let's just be blatantly honest here...we like to know others struggle too and how they get through it. That in a nutshell is encouragement. Seeing someone else make it through struggles that we have and knowing you'll be okay, you've just gotten some of the encouragement you need to keep your head held high. Now what form it comes in is a whole other ballgame.



As several of you know, we've had a rough year! Not anything gut wrenching, but emotionally its been a lot...physically its been a roller coaster! I've certainly seeked out {that just doesn't sound grammatically correct :)}encouragement this year! I searched for people who have dealt with children being diagnosed with ITP, a rare blood disease that Caroline was diagnosed with in late February. And, to be brutally honest, I was having quite the pity party for myself a month ago today while I laid in the hospital not being able to be with my family. I felt hopeless for some reason, a huge sadness just washed over me and I felt helpless. I jumped on here and surfed through my wonderful blog therapy, read some scripture, and I started to get to where I needed to be. In that 2 week period where I did nothing but cry, I found one of the most encouraging quotes I had ever heard:

"Let your unfailing love surround us Lord, for our hope is in you alone."
Psalm 33:22


I changed my blog that day so that it would be one of the first things you saw when you stopped by.

I hope that somehow in my little way, that I can be an encouragement to you. I am imperfect. I make mistakes {sometimes huge ones!}. I fail sometimes. I am a child of Christ, with all my faults and follies. And I love my life, even with the bumps in the road.

***If you need some other encouraging stops, check out my sidebar...these blogs rock! And if your on my side bar...thanks for being you and encouraging me!***



MckLinky Blog Hop

4 comments:

Gogi said...

So how is Caroline?

~Sandy said...

You are so right! Love the great picture. Thanks for sharing!

Alicia {Murry Mayhem} said...

Caroline's still a little under the weather, but her fever has finally stopped.

Lindsey said...

Awww, please know you are an encouragement as well! Hugs and prayers for you and your sweet family! Love ya!