Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

27 August 2009

1st Grade Baby

Can she really be in the 1st grade? No stinking way! Sometimes I just can't believe it...ohhhhhh {said on a reminiscent sigh}.

Well being the huge dork that I am and having to make each milestone special and unique, I got up and made Caroline pancakes for the 1st day of 1st grade. Talk about an excited little girl! She never gets this yummy goodness on a school morning!


I love this one! Look how shocked/excited she is!

Okay, now I know we moms can be a tad bit fussy, especially for anything memorable. So I ordered an absolutely stinking precious outfit for the 1st day of 1st grade. She hates it. Does.Not.Want.To.Wear.It! Breaks my heart. So what do I do? Tell her tough cookies, she's wearing it!

Outside the school, she said she knew just where she wanted to take a picture, so I figured great, she'll want it by the pretty tree! Nope...she wanted it in the middle of the front lawn. I let her have her way since I knew I wouldn't get a picture out of her otherwise since she hated her clothes!


6 comments:

Nicole said...

CUTE!! And what a great mom for making her day so special! Someday she'll thank you !! :)

Laurie said...

Yummy Pancakes...I made Gavin eggs and bacon for his first day of middle school...I never cook in the mornings!

I can't believe she didn't like her outfit! That was adorable...funny how our kids don't always agree with us!

Lindsey said...

Sweet pics of her 1st day-love the yummy breakfast-such a good mommy! You look so pretty in that pic, too! Hope you're doing well!
XOXO,
Lindz

Martha Jones said...

Caroline looked super cute! It's awesome that we both have first graders. You are such a sweet momma to make her some yummy pancakes!!

Elyse said...

What an awesome mama...making pancakes and having an awesome first day outfit. LOVE IT! I nominated you for an award on my blog :)
~Elyse

Dina said...

The outfit is super cute! So is your pancake presentation!