Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

31 July 2009

Up and then Down

We started the week going to say goodbye to Caroline's sweet friend Ryan. She was unbelievable. I was afraid of how she might feel once we got there, and what questions she might have. She was just like a little adult. She was very sad, but she simply told me that she wasn't going to cry because he was with Jesus, and he wasn't sick anymore, and he was playing with Princess for her {Princess was Caroline's dog that died}. Can I just say WOW! Ryan's family is so sweet, and they loved on her and were so glad that we came. We when got there, a table was set up with pictures of Ryan, and in the middle of them all was a picture of the 2 of them...let's just say she was super excited to see that picture. Before we left his mom gave me a gift for Caroline that Ryan wanted her to have, and she told me to hang on to it until she turns 18, then she can have it. How sweet! Of course I had to peek, and it's a beautiful ring that I know Caroline will treasure. Then Caroline went to spend the night with one of her friends, and had a blast. I figured it would be a good way for her to end a sad day, although I think the whole day was far harder on me than it was on her!


I tried to take her school clothes shopping on Wednesday, and let me tell you...if that girl gets anymore sass in her, I will lose my mind! The teenage years sre going to be sooo fun for sure! She literally walked around the stores like a little diva, a side I haven't really seen before, or not to this extent! We ended up leaving one store and not getting anything because she was demanding that I buy "this, and this mommy"! Ha! I don't think so little girl!



Then on Thursday she woke up with a fever and of course that makes me feel so bad for her. Especially because of her ITP, and the fear that her counts will drop. Poor little girl! We couldn't get into the doctor so I figured I would just drug her {give her the appropriate amount of Tylenol}, and hope for the best. Even with the Tylenol, her fever never would break and she woke up again this morning with the same 101.9 fever. Ughhhh...I hate this for her. So now we are sitting here waiting until the doctor's office opens so we can get her in today. But on another note, we are dog-sitting for my brother and his family while they head off on vacation for a week.
Velma is a sweetie, and yes , Caroline's cousin Blake named her Velma because he loves Scooby Doo!


This is Caroline and Velma a few years ago...how stinking cute!




This week has been full of ups and downs...oh wait, that's normal!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

The next time Caroline has a fever that you can't get to drop, give her a luke warm bath and have her soak for a good long while. Then wet her head several times, like you're washing her hair just without the shampoo. GUARANTEED her temp will drop about a full degree. At least it will take away those acheys!!! Prayer for Caroline!
Nicole

Shorty said...

What a great post! I love it that Caroline will always be able to treasure Ryan, and for him to leave her a gift? Amazingly sweet! If I were in her shoes at the age of 18 I would be so flattered and feel so loved to have that reminder.

That picture cracked me up! And reminded me of this joke that we used to act out a lot when I was Caroline's age, up through being a teenager. Did you ever squish your cheeks together and say, "Hi, my name is Chubby...." Or pull your cheeks back and say, "Hi, my name is Skinny..." and act out being in a car or on a motorcycle that was going too fast or two slow, and the cheeks changing positions as the punch line when the speed of the vehicle changed??? Caroline's cute little cheeks being squished, and Velma's face looking like its pulled back... made me think of that old joke. Cracked me up!

April Kennedy said...

So nicely written by you and handled by Caroline. And the ring (saving until she is 18) totally made me tear up a bit. How sweet.

I remember the first time I took Kaia to Limited Too (now Justice). She, too, walked around like a model diva and all I could do was shake my head in amazement. It didn't help that all the associates thought it was the cutest thing EVER. Anyway, she has outgrown that and now loves going shopping, isn't so diva-ish, actually a little more appreciative-ish. Enjoy her diva moments without fear! You are raising her right.

Elyse said...

Oh NO...hope sweet Caroline feels better soon and that fever DROPS down! Hang in there!!!
~Elyse

Lindsey said...

Awww, prayers for sweet Caroline's fever to drop! She seems like such a trooper-you, too, Mom! Sorry you had a rough week-but yeah for Friday, and have fun watching Velma-so cute. If y'all come to Dallas ever, Hollie and I and the girls will have to go shopping with you all-love it, especially since I have (will have) 2 boys-I love shopping for girly things! Hugs!XOXO
Lindz

Kimberly said...

What a sad thing to lose such a young friend! But that ring, oh how sweet is that? I hope you guys have a great weekend!