Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

07 July 2009

Back Among the Living, I Think?

First, I want to thank Hollie for posting for me while I was in the hospital! I had my laptop with me, but the hospitals wi-fi was a little sketchy, and I couldn't log in to make posts, but luckily I could tweet from my phone!

Well, where do I begin?

Last Monday {6-29-09} I went to the doctor because I had an infection, a "bump" and it kept getting bigger. I know from past experiences {Tab & Caroline} that this could be a staph infection, and I wanted to get it checked out. I was given medicine, sent home and told to follow-up on Wednesday. By Tuesday night, I was really hurting and noticing a lot of swelling and redness. I figured I would just go ahead and wait until the morning for my appointment. I got there, and was immediately sent to another doctor, who then called in several other doctors for their opinions. Next thing I know, I am being sent to the hospital with admitting papers and my room number in hand! Okay, when does that happen? They don't even give you a room number when your in labor!

So to everyone's shock and amazement, mostly mine, I find myself in room 1431 by 11:30 in the morning last Wednesday. Wow.

I had 2 doctors that were assigned to handle my case while I was there, given ungodly amounts of antibiotics, and had surgery . I will detail all {mostly all, leaving out some details} events, and fill you all in! But for now, I will leave you with a few pictures of my first few days.


This was my glorious view for the duration of 6 days in isolation. Fun Times.


This is what the other side looks like. Well, behind me too.


This is what time it was when they finally had me settled.

4 comments:

Frugal Jen said...

So glad you are back home and doing better!

Elyse said...

So.NOT.FUN! Hang in there sweet friend and rest up. You will be better b/f you know it!
~Elyse

Lindsey said...

Glad you are home and can rest in your own bed! Lifting you up in prayer to keep getting better, girl!

Camily said...

I could have sworn that I had already commented, but apparently not. I am so glad you are home. If I were your real-life friend (instead of in blog world), I'd bring you magazines and movies and probably ice cream. Get better soon!