Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

30 June 2009

Thought Filled Tuesdays

**********UPDATE**********

Just wanted to add, that I did run when I saw the snake! But then as I was thinking, "What am I supposed to do?", I grabbed my phone to call hubby, then decided I should take a picture of it 1st. Why? Last summer when I found one in the laundry room, hubby was working then too, and he didn't believe me {well sort of, he thought I was exaggerating}, so I wanted proof this time...ha ha ha!

****************************


I know...I've been slacking! So here goes!

-I am in lots of pain. I have a staph infection again. It's evil. We can't seem to make it go away. The only thing that makes me even remotely calm about how often we seem to get it is that I know I am doing everything right. I bleach everything in the house {all handles, knobs, drawer pulls, doors, toilets, showers, tubs, counters}, and I wash all the sheets, towels and blankets in hot water, with bleach, or color-safe bleach. We use a strict regimen once a month of medicine the doctors want us to use, and still, Tab and I continue to get it. Agggghhhhhh!
And the best part is that we have now had 6, yes, 6 doctors tell us that once you have it, you will get it more and that it has really begun to spread like wildfire and as a medical community, they can't seem to stop it. Great....thanks for the good news!

-I'm so thankful for the rain! 2 days now! Woo Hoo!

-I know this is a horrible picture, but this is what I found yesterday morning when going to get clothes out of the dryer:

Yes, for those of you who can't tell what that is, that would be a snake coming out of the attic! Yea, I have given up doing laundry. I mean, I know there are some trade off's for living in the quiet, peaceful, country...but I didn't sign up for these guys...especially in my house! And just for clarification, it's a rat snake, non-poisonous, but I don't care, I still hate them!

-I like warm weather, not blazing hot, melt your make-up weather like we had last week! 105...

-If you have kids, we found a super fun easy game for us to all play! Pictureka, it's like I Spy or Where's Waldo. It's lots of fun!

Also try: Monopoly Deal


-There is a new Nora Roberts series: The Bride Quartet

The 1st book in the series is Vision in White...I loved it!

and there is a new Jane Green book!!!!!

Dune Road - I haven't started this one yet, but will this weekend!

And I saved the best for last! Does anyone read Janet Evanovich? The Stephanie Plum Series is the best thing out there! I adore this set of books! And the next one was finally released:


That's all I have for you today...


If you feel like joining in and sharing your random thoughts go ahead! This is a simple thing, really it is. There is no point, or direction to these posts, just simple musings you have that you are willing to share! Have Fun!!!!!

7 comments:

Elyse said...

Staph is just nasty! I also knew that it was a snake as well coming from the attic...EWWWW, I would have screamed for high heavens. Feel better soon!
~Elyse

T said...

Oh girl, I am soooo sorry about staph! We have been dealing with it for five years! Yes, you heard me right...five years. It's not near as bad or come as often as it used to but we still get them about 2 or 3 times a year. It landed me in the hospital for four days in March.

It's gotten so much better though and I have gotten alot of tips along the way if you need any. The number one thing that we use that I've noticed that helped is the Clorox Anywhere spray. It fights against the staph. Email me anytime if you want to!

Nicole said...

My house would be on the market 10 minutes after finding that snake. OMG!!!!

Lindsey said...

Oh, no! A snake...I would've ran out of the house..I'm impressed you got a pic! Hope you get to feeling better-keep ya in my prayers, girl! Have a great rest of the week.
~Lindsey

Jen said...

Do you read any of Debbie Macomber books? Based on your book suggestions here, I think you would just ADORE her books. I highly suggest the Cedar Cover series and the Blossom Street Books series!

Tim said...

That is sooo crazy! They arent poisenous but those suckers can still bite like you wouldnt believe. I know, and have the scar to prove it. You had good reason to be scared.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Camily said...

FYI--I would have freaked at the snake!

I love your book post! I just bought Twilight again (I gave my first copy to a friend) and I want to re-read. But now I want to go by your recommended books! We should have a blog book club! Hee hee!