Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

25 June 2009

Father's Day

I am so behind! Father's Day was pretty tame for us. We invited my parents and Tab's over for lunch. Nothing too big, just some special time together. Caroline invited her dad, but he had to work so he couldn't make it down...he did end up getting to come a little later that day to spend time with her though! I cooked steaks on the grill, garlic cheese mashed potatoes, mac-n-cheese, and green beans...so yummy if I do say so myself!

We stuffed ourselves. But we still had to eat the 2 layer chocolate cake that Caroline and I made for the dads! Caroline had such a good time on Sunday. She is really getting interested in helping me in the kitchen, and wants to cook! I love that, since I did the same thing with my mom. She helped me season the steaks, and she mashed the potatoes, she sprinkled the cheese on top of the mac-n-cheese before we baked it {but I think she just liked eating the cheese}, and then helped me mix the cake and ice it! Whew, she was such a big helper!

We didn't do gifts this year, just a special lunch and homemade cards. We really wanted to just spend some time with our dads, especially after the week we had.

When Steven got there, Caroline was very excited to help him make his plate! I didn't cook his steak, I didn't want it to go to waste if he didn't make it down, so Caroline got all the stuff down to season it and showed him how it was done! We left them alone for a while so they could spend time together, and when we got back, it was bath time. After Caroline got all sparkly clean, we sat down to all play pictionary together...surprisingly our little 6 year old is quite good!

I'm not going to get all mushy on here about dad's...mine knows how much he means to me, Tab knows how much I love the way he loves Caroline, and Steven...well, thanks for being there for boog.


Caroline and her "2 Dads" as she calls them

1 comment:

Frugal Jen said...

Lucky girl with 2 dad's that love her!

I would love to get your recipe for your mashed potatos.