Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

01 December 2008

Whew....Let me catch you up!

Wow! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving...we sure did! Working for a University has its advantages, we got 3 days off for the holiday! So, needless to say it was so nice to have the time off! And boy were we busy! First thing Wednesday morning, the hubby and I had some stuff we needed to do out of town, so Boog went to play with Avery for a little while, which was great {we took advantage of that time to get the last of her shopping done}! Then later that afternoon, I drove her to meet her dad so she could spend some time with him and his family. And yes, it is sad to not have her around on Thanksgiving {especially since she is one of the things I am MOST thankful for}, but her dad's family really does Thanksgiving BIG, so its nice for her to be there with them.

Thursday I was up bright and early at 6am cooking! But if you know me, then you know I love to cook, so I'm not complaining! Then we were off to my brother and sister-in-laws house for the feast! It was so yummy! We ate, watched the game, laid around, and ate some more. And yes, I know I am silly, but I took some picks of the yummy food!




Here are my nephews {Blake & Dillon} breaking the Wishbone

Friday was pretty quite, and I took complete advantage of that and got some painting done. I refuse to go out into the masses and shop on Black Friday, although I did have to run into Target to get some prescriptions, but it wasn't so bad. Tab and I had a "date" night too, which is always nice. We just got some food and rented some movies and enjoyed our time together.

I went to pick up Caroline on Saturday afternoon {and in case your wondering, Tab normally does go with me, but he's on call with work and has to be at the house} and we headed to visit some friends that night. Caroline had a lot of fun with her friend Makayla, I was very glad they got in some good "play" time. Sunday was the designated day for Christmas decorating. Woo Hoo! I love to decorate for Christmas! For the 1st few years after mom died, I hated it, because that was one of the things we did together and her house was always beautiful on the holidays, but I have finally gotten my love for it back and have a good time pulling out her ornamants and remembering her as I put them on the tree.

Here are a few shots of our pretty decorations!




1 comment:

Earth Mama Sarah said...

Gorgeous! You're so perfectly domesticated... I have one wreath hung up so far! :-(