Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

21 October 2008

My Fair Lady

Last Sunday, we loaded up the minivan and headed to Dallas to meet Caroline's dad and his girlfriend {Steven & Abbi} for the last day of the State Fair of Texas. We had so much fun! Tab hadn't been to the fair since he was around 12, and it has been a few years since I have gone.

We had to hit all of Caroline's favorite places {she goes every year}, and try out a bunch of the new food! YUMMY! I love the food, and my 1st stop was Jack's Fry's!!!! I get them every time I go!



We saw the bird show, Caroline LOVES animals....ALL animals and most insects, so we made sure to see that 1st. Then we have to go see the dog shows, she loves to watch them catch frisbees! And then its off to the petting zoo, where I think she spent most of her time.







Steven & Abbi wanted to check out some rides on the Midway so we headed over there, when what do we see? Face painting. Abbi let Caroline pick out what she wanted {a pink cat} and get all painted up! She looked really cute! We decided to see if she would ride some rides....she may have NO fear 95% of the time, but we never know when the remaining 5% of fear will show up!








She did a really simple little ride 1st, and loved it. Then I took her on the little kid version of a roller coaster...her 1st roller coaster! Lets just say she was scared, and she loved it?!?!? She can be so odd some times {I blame that on her dad....there is nothing wrong with me :)} Then she rode another one with her dad {twice}. Steven, Abbi & Tab were trying to decide which ride they wanted to ride....NOPE, not me, thank you very much! They finally chose this AWFUL thing that has one car on the bottom, and it starts to swing around {like a pendulum} until it gets enough speed that it goes all the way around. And all during this, the car freely spins whenever the weight shifts! I couldn't even watch!




The last little ride was for Caroline, and it was so cute. It was like a mini Cliffhanger {Dallas people know this ride from Six Flags}, basically you have a car that drops straight down at a high speed. And no, I would not think that it would be cute to put my 5 year old on this, so let me explain how it worked. The car rose to the top {maybe 10 feet} and then dropped a foot at a slow speed, then it would drop a little more. I didn't think there was any way she would get on that thing....boy was I wrong....She loved it!






No comments: