Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

15 October 2008

Mommy needs a Day Off!

UGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! That's how I feel right now, yep I do!

You know, I am mad at all the moms who did NOT warn me that school wouldn't really make my life easier! I thought it would!!! Really I did! I thought, great, she's in school, she will have more structure, and be tired at night! WRONG.....so wrong.

Since school started, I have been up there for so many meetings, conferences {not bad ones :)}, parent nights, and picking her up and we haven't even made it through the 1st 2 months yet!

And really, I bring it on myself...sadly I do. Why? Because that's my nature. It's true...I am a Drama Queen. I don't mean to be, I just am. I know I get part of it from my mom. My parents were both stay at home parents, and they were ALWAYS there for every function, meeting, dance class, you name it, they were there. So I tend to want to be that way too. Even though I work full-time. I have tried the stay at home thing 3 different times through Caroline's life, and I love it, but I like working too! And when I started again this time, it was for purely selfish reasons. Well, selfish for my family. Baylor has the best benefits, and Caroline {and any other children hopefully :)} will be able to have no tuition costs here. So in the long run its worth it.

But I am finding that these days, I long to be at home being a mommy. I REALLY, REALLY want to keep my business going. My creative side feels so sad right now. I love creating things, and I miss it! I only get to do things in spare time {what is that anyway} that I TRY to set aside. And I want to be a part of all the school stuff I am missing out on. I can't be the room mom because I work, I can't participate in the book fair, I can't help during the day to set up things at the school. Just ignore me...I am feeling sorry for myself. And I have no reason to.

I just want a vacation from work to be a mommy. Just a couple of days, that's all.

No comments: