Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

25 September 2008

Networking, databases & C++.........Huh?

I don't know if I've ever said where I work, or what I do. I'm an undercover agent....he he he!

I work for a large University, in the School of Engineering & Computer Science. I work with the world's biggest geeks. And I can say that, they know its true and they don't mind. Just so you know....95% of the time I have NO clue what they are talking about! I am surrounded by geeks with Ph.D.'s for goodness sake!

Anyhow, they are actually quite entertaining. They keep me laughing most days. And they think they are super funny too. So I thought I would share a conversation I just had with one of my professors. It went something like this:

Prof: It was so crazy this morning on my way to work.

Me: Really?

Prof: Yea, there was this huge group of rabbits hopping along on the side of 35.

Me: I know, they are every where

Prof: But they were hoping backwards?

Me: What? Why would they do that?

Prof: They were a receding hairline.


I seriously wanted to throw something at him. Now, I know what some of you are thinking, and yes I am a blonde {and yes, it IS real}, but he delivers these silly jokes so well. And his poor students get them all the time. And just so you know, there are rabbits everywhere down here, so its not like it would be unusual to see a lot of them.

Just thought you might enjoy a tiny glimpse of what I deal with everyday....absolutely hilarious!

5 comments:

Frugal Jen said...

I love your blog, and the design!

Anonymous said...

Well, you have once again made my day with your funny stories.

I was wondering, what program did you use to create your header (Murry Mayhem, pics too).

Kellye

Alicia {Murry Mayhem} said...

I use Photoshop! Are you ever gonna start your blog????

Anonymous said...

yes... ASAP... I just need a little help with the design. I will get to hopping backwards (AHAHAHA) with PhotoShop, but do you have any sites that helped you understand all the CSS and HTML and stuff? It gets super confusing!

Kellye

Alicia {Murry Mayhem} said...

I just searched and stole codes!