Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

12 August 2008

The woes of Motherhood

mSo I haven't posted....I have no excuse other than I have nothing to post about! My little one is gone for a week to see her dad, and her grandparents in Dallas. I am very mopey....now, I know all you moms are thinking, "time to myself!!!!!", but after the 1st couple of days, I just flat out miss her! She is my joy every morning when I wake her up, and every day when I laugh at all the funny things she has to say. And, even though I have the most wonderful husband ever, I miss my Boog. I have been so lonely the last few mornings getting ready for work. No fighting about what she wants for breakfast, or what dress she just "has" to wear that day, and it makes me sad.

She is about to start school in 2 weeks, and I feel like I'm losing precious time with her before she is "a big girl".

I'm crazy huh? I know.....I know, I should enjoy the time to get things done that I can't get done when she's following me everywhere.

And, I'm trying to be the mommy that isn't crazy. I'm trying not to call her 5 times a day to tell her I love her, and let her call me when she wants to. It paid off yesterday morning. She called me and told me that she misses me and loves me, I so wanted to get in my car and go get her!

But for now I will have to wait until Sunday when my life will seem normal again, when she complains all the way home about wanting to play with her friends, and stay up late! I don't care though, I can't wait until Sunday!

Much Love~
Alicia

1 comment:

The Drama Mama said...

Girl, I am the same way! You would do anything for a break and then when you finally get one....all you do is think about them! I feel your pain, sister! BUT, enjoy your next few days...you will be lovin on her before you know it! HUGS!