Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

21 August 2008

Countdown to School!

This post is in honor of my friend Hollie, who was having a hard time with the thought of 2 of her kiddos being in school. I thought I would take the countdown next since Caroline starts school after her kids! This is a big day for not only me & Caroline, but for my best friend Michelle and her son Gabriel. Gabriel is exactly 12 weeks older than Caroline....almost to the minute (she was born @ 8:29 he was born @ 8:31)! I am completely lost in memories when I think about these 2 starting Kindergarten. For the first 3 1/2 years of their little lives, they were inseparable. When we moved down here, they were so lost without each other! Now we do our best as BFF's and mommies to get them together as often as we can! I look back at pics of them through the years, and I just can't believe the time has gone by so quickly. I know I will be a wreck next Tuesday morning, I am already very sad about it, but I will get over it when I see how much she learns and grows.

So in honor of there being 5 days until school starts and Caroline is 5 years old, I will post 5 things that you may not know about Caroline.

5. Caroline thinks that all butterflies are my mom!
--butterflies mean eternal life, so when I see them they remind me of my mom who passed away 7 years ago, but Caroline thinks that they ARE my mom!--

4. Caroline was walking at 10 months! And she never slowed down!

3. When she was born, her legs were behind her ears, and they were straight, not bent at the knees, so for a whole month, her legs would literally bounce back when you pulled them down.

2. One of my favorite things she has said, "I'm strong like Jesus". This needs no explanation, it fills my heart with joy!

1. She gets worried when I'm sick...how sweet is that? She is a very loving kid, but very strong willed, and you wouldn't think she would worry if I was sick. She will take care of me, and bring me something if I need it, she will rub my back, or my feet. Which is pretty amazing considering that she thinks that I have to do everything for her!

I just love her to pieces!

Much Love~
Alicia

1 comment:

The Drama Mama said...

Ah, I love this post...I love learning new things about people! Alexie was born with her legs behind her head too...and you had to hold her legs down to get them to stay (I have never come across anyone else this has happened to...too funny!).

Well, you know I understand how you are feeling...the time is passing way too quickly! I will be thinking about you guys next Tuesday!