Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

20 August 2008

If you can't say anything nice......

Ya know, I try to keep that old saying in the forefront of my mind sometimes, but other times, I just don't care! So, let me begin by saying this will be a venting post. Boog went to spend a week with her dad, and had a blast! Now, I am somewhat of an anal mommy, at least about certain things. Examples: There are only a few SELECT people that are allowed to drive with Caroline in the car, I don't like people to take her to LARGE public places like the mall or the zoo, she MUST ALWAYS ride in her booster seat, and ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS wear sunscreen! Let's just say that some people aren't as diligent as I am with these things.

We moms come in all different forms, and some are more crazy than others....I'm not quite sure where I fall, you'll have to decide :) But I am my mom in so many ways! My mom was always ready to deal with any situation, always had a bag in the car with the essentials: wipes, meds, band-aids, napkins, clothes, OFF, sunscreen, towels, you name it, she had it. I follow this same pattern....and its not just that I never clean out my car :)

Okay, to the point right? This is what my precious baby looked like when I picked her up last Sunday afternoon.









Now this may not look that bad to you, but what you can't see, is the tiny little white blisters on her shoulders. She hurt so much the next morning that I had to stay home with her....bless her little heart! So...now everyone understands why I am venting. I keep sunscreen in my car! At ALL times! Now I am not perfect, and yes, she has been sun burned on my watch before, but not like this....EVER! And you may think I am being really mean, but this is not the 1st time she has been sent home like this, or the 2nd, or the 3rd, this is about the 5th time! What goes through some people's head? Now I don't really want to seem like I am bashing her daddy, because we have come a long way in being able to keep an open line of communication and working together, but COME ON! He just doesn't think about the sun.

So for all you moms, please be diligent in putting sunscreen on your kiddos, it can cause so many problems now & in the future. Here's a little statistic for you: Children who have had 7 or more bad sunburns have a 30% greater chance of developing skin cancer in their early 20-30's.

Okay, I'm done!

Much Love~
Alicia

No comments: