Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

05 August 2008

Canada: First few days

We flew to Buffalo, NY and got there about 5pm, and my parents picked us up to take us over to Niagara, ON. As soon as we got in the car, Boog fell fast asleep! Go figure...she could have slept on the plane, but no, she waits until we land! The next morning we went to brunch at the most amazing restaurant in Queenston that overlooked Lake Ontario...it was beautiful! While we were there, Caroline was with her cousins, swimming, and then they headed to an Italian Festival for some fun! We met them at the festival, and Caroline had so much fun playing with her cousin Nathan. After that we went to the Wellan Canal to see the Locks...which is where they either raise or lower the ships to get to the next place. Very cool to watch a HUGE ship get raised by water! That night we went to Clifton Hill, Niagara Falls and visited a motorcycle museum for Tab. Caroline really liked the "little" bikes and the Pink one!

Monday we went to the prettiest little town, Niagara on the Lake. Talk about quaint, beautiful towns....this was it! Beautiful homes, landscaping to the nines, and the most precious little shops! We had lunch at the Prince of Whales Hotel, which was extraordinary...the bathrooms had these pretty flowered toilets and sinks! We shopped and shopped...Shera and I, my cousin, found this Angel Store...where I went a little crazy! I love angels, and my mother used to collect them, so after she passed away I have kept her collection and love of angels going strong! I just had to add to our collection! While we were at the shops, my parents and Tab took the kids to play in the park. Let me start this part by saying that my child loves water...even fully clothed! So, you guessed it, into the water fountain she goes. Oh my! Now there were lots of kids in the fountain, so I guess I shouldn't be too concerned, but it was one of those moments were you think, "Why does my child have to be the one?"....that jumps into a public water fountain to play?!?!?

After we fished them out, they climbed a tree, sopping wet! UGH! Now she is filthy, and she is almost 6, so I don't normally carry extra clothes with us because she is far beyond the stage of having accidents and needing to change! At this point I just laugh, what else can I do? So we walk down the street and see the shores of Lake Ontario...and yes, she ran full force into the water again! But I do have some super cute pictures of them in the water...fully clothed! At least her cousin is a boy, so he was able to take his shirt off and at least look like he was in a swim suit! That night we went to play putt-putt with Caroline, also a first for her! She loved it! It was a great day, and everyone had such a good time! Below are some pics from these 1st few days....Enjoy!

Much Love~
Alicia


Caroline's 1st Plane trip

Arriving to the border...

And she is fast asleep!

Lake Ontario from Queenston

Tab & I

Parents - Dad & Mary Lou

Caroline & Nathan playing at the Festival

Locks at Wellan Canal

Ship being raised

Caroline & Tab

She had to take a pic with the Pink bike

After the Museum

Niagara on the Lake


Niagara on the Lake

Sink at the Prince of Whales Hotel

Running in the Fountain

Climbing on the Fountain

Little Monkeys

Lake Ontario

She is a water baby!

In Awe over the big rock

1 comment:

The Drama Mama said...

I LOVE the picture of Caroline with her arms raised in the water...so sweet!