Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

25 August 2008

2.....

Oh how I hate this! She is so big and grown up now, I feel almost lost sometimes. I feel like all I have lived for over the last 6 years is her. And now it is up to me to send her off to BIG school and let the teachers do their jobs.

What a scary feeling! There won't be anymore just picking her up early when I want to to take her somewhere, or picking her up after nap time to get ice cream. She has to stay all day. That makes me sad, really sad!

So for 2 days to go you get the 2 things that I love most about Caroline. Of course there are like a million things I love about her, but I'll give you the two things that are a guaranteed smile for me everyday!

1. When she 1st gets up in the morning and her face is still all squished up from sleeping....you know what I mean, how they have wrinkles from their pillows, or the sheets where they are laying....well when she smiles at me like that, it makes me heart melt!

2. After she goes to bed, I always go check on her after about 30 minutes or so, and I give her kisses, and say my own little prayer for her. I have done this since the day she was born! I say the exact same thing every night, and the only nights I have missed are the nights that she has not been with me. If for some reason I forget, I always wake up in the middle of the night and remember, then I go and have my special moment with her.

Now I know that it seems funny that 2 of my favorite times of day with her are basically when she's sleeping, but that's only because that is when she is still so pure and innocent. She does so many things everyday that make me smile, but these 2 are the ones I most look forward to because they are special!

Much Love~
Alicia

No comments: