Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

17 July 2008

Smoking....ugghhhh!!!!

Well, I decided a month ago that I was going to quit smoking, after 15 years of the nasty habit! Good for me! I have done really well I must say, only a few minor slip-ups. I have to admit, its not quite as daunting as I thought it would be to not have my cigarettes. Of course, there are the many times I would really like one! By the way, I quit "cold turkey". No patch, no gum. But on those rare moments when I am dying to have one, the gum might be useful.

But my infinitely smart husband made a point to me when I decided to quit that just really made sense. He said out of a pack (20 cigarettes) how many do you really enjoy? He said that was what made him decide to quit 4 years ago. I thought about this, and my final conclusion was about 6, give or take a few depending on the day. His point was that the remaining cigarettes were just because, there was no point in them, you are just smoking them to smoke them.

So, for anyone out there who smokes and wants to quit....ask yourself how many cigarettes in each pack that you smoke, do you REALLY enjoy? I promise, it will make you think differently about it!

Much Love~
Alicia

1 comment:

The Drama Mama said...

You can do it, girl! Praying for ya!