Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

25 July 2008

Just another Monday Night...

Sorry....a little delay there for me, but I completely forgot to post this, and I found it comical, at least it will be for those of you who don't live with us!

This past Monday was just another Monday night, or so I thought!

Sunday after church Caroline wanted to play with Avery, so she called, and Avery was on her way to her Gigi's (grandma's) so Amy said that they could play on Monday when they both got home from school. As soon as I get to school to pick Boog up, she starts asking about playing with Avery. So she calls on the way home and gets the voicemail, leaves her message and then proceeds to pout. Next she tries her hardest to convince me to stop on the way home at Avery's (just so everyone knows, she lives next door!) so she can see if they are home.

I tell you this child never gives up! Once she has something in her head, that's it, she is determined to make it happen!

Once I get her home, without stopping at Avery's, and after she has yelled and cried, I give her a snack and tell her to go play. She wants to call again! I said no, which brings on more yelling and tears, which result in a pop on the hiney and some time in the corner for yelling at me.

I start on dinner, and let me tell you this child can eat! She is always starving, and she eats everything. I swear I have the healthiest 5 year old eater around. Back to dinner, so I get it started and the phone rings....it's Avery. Thank God! But oh no, I hear tears, and then I hear her say "but your mommy said we could play today", I think.....great.....what do I do now? Caroline then comes to tell me that she can't play, and that Avery hung up on her. More tears!

I try my best to console her, which just isn't working. And then she starts demanding dinner that she is hungry......again more yelling at me and crying. So we go for round 2 of the pop and corner routine.

Finally dinner is finished, and I am just about to give her her plate when the phone rings again. Avery. She wants to talk to me. Apparently, Caroline was so upset during the 1st call from Avery, that she never heard her say, my mommy says you can come play. She wants to know where Caroline is! UGGGHHHH! So I tell her she can go play for 2 hours. It's 6:30. I want her home in time to bathe her and put her to bed by 9, even though she usually goes to bed at 8:30, I am going to give her an extra 30 minutes since this afternoon has been so traumatic for her.

Oh, and by the way, she now refuses to eat her dinner.

When its time to go pick her up, they start asking if Caroline can spend the night. We tell them no, that I am up earlier than Amy is in the morning, and that since Amy has to go to work too, she won't have time to drop Caroline off at school. Our brilliant 5 years olds then say, well then can we sleep at Alicia's house? Amy & I roll our eyes and say sure why not? We give them the rules: as soon as we get home its bath time, then teeth brushing time, then straight to bed. No playing, no movies, just plain old sleep. They both agree.

Off we go. We get scrubbed, brushed, and dressed for bed, get them down, and take a relaxing breath. Whhheeeewwwww. The door opens. Avery has tears running down her face. So does Caroline. Avery wants to go home and sleep with her mommy. Caroline is devastated. Tab is sitting on the couch laughing.

Now my first thought is that I wish I had something handy to throw at him. I get Avery in the car, and leave Caroline wailing at home with Tab...revenge can be so sweet! I get home, she is still crying, I lay down with her and rub her back. She sobs, and sobs. I finally leave.

I get a large glass of wine and call it a night!

No more Monday's like that please.

Hope you have all enjoyed my dreadful day.

Much love-
Alicia

No comments: