Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

15 July 2008

"Boog" Does NOT Stand for Boogers!

Let me give a little clarification for everyone.

Over the years so many people have asked me why I call my daughter Boog. "Does it mean she has a lot of boogers?" "Why do you call your kid boogers?"

It has nothing to do with the infamous child obsession of boogers.

Starting when she was a baby, and I'm talking about 6 months or so, she has had a love for music. At the time, I had a very dear friend who we spent tons of time with. She and I always jammed in the car. Mostly, we were huge country fanatics, but she also loved punk, and she turned me onto it. We always noticed when the fun music came on, that Caroline would start to smile, kick her legs, and wave her arms. She also would make tons of happy noises. We always said to her things like, "are you boogieing"? So at some point, and I'm not sure which one of us actually started it, we started to call her Boogie Boo. Over time it was shortened to Boog, and sometimes I call her Booga Boo.

Hopefully that answers any of your questions about the name Boog.

Much Love-
Alicia

No comments: