Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

23 July 2008

Circus Fun



I found out that the circus was going to be in town for a few days so I thought I would take boog, seeing as I didn't go with her when she went last year. So I get all excited, and then realize it is her weekend to be at her daddy's....Dang it! So I call him and ask him if he wouldn't mind if I got her back a little early on Sunday so I could take her. No problem he tells me. Then he asks if he can go...sure why not? So we start making the plans, and Tab has to work so he won't be able to go, so I'm a little sad about that. Well, Caroline's dad has a new girlfriend, and he wants me to meet her before Caroline does...which has always been our agreement, but the kicker here is that she is 18. Yes, you read that right......18! Huh? You have got to be kidding me here, I'm supposed to be okay with this? I don't think so. First off all, let me tell you, I could care less who he dates, and I even got along with the last one, but I am not okay with him dating someone almost 11 years younger than him, and only 12 years older than Caroline! Yikes! So I tell him how I feel about this, which he already knew what I would say, and to make a long story short, she is coming to the circus.


Caroline Hula-Hooping before it started















I am worried about the age, but I will get over it, as long as my rules for Caroline are followed. After all, I can't keep him from dating her, or bringing her around Caroline, so I have to try to make the best of it. I'm sure she is a sweet girl, but not old enough to handle the strains of a kid. Well it turns out, she can't go with us, and Caroline did meet her the day before. I being the vocal person that I am let her dad know that I'm disappointed in the whole thing. So I eventually get to talk to the girlfriend, so at least that's something.


But, back to the point, Boog loved the circus!!!!! She had so much fun, and to see the look of awe on her face, made everything in my world right again! There is no joy like seeing that look in your child's face, the way they light up, their eyes sparkle with the excitement, and the smile is as genuine as they come! God, I love being a mommy! Thanks for that blessing!


Caroline with a Circus Star!

No comments: