Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

14 July 2008

Fall/Winter 2007

This time of year brings on all kinds of emotions for me. From September through December, I am an emotional basket case! There are so many things going on that I have happiness, excitement, sorrow, dread, and many more emotions just waiting to burst out of me. Starting with September, we have my best friends son's birthday, my dad & stepmom's anniversary, my stepmoms birthday (Mary Lou: you may see me refer to her as ML), Labor Day, and of course West Fest! All of which are good times! Also, one of my mother's dearest friends in the entire world passed on in September, and that always makes me heavy hearted. Miss Sandra was not only dear to my mom, but to me also, and I miss her just about as much as I miss my mom!

Then you have October, where, besides my sister Tracy & nephew Dillon have birthdays, nothing big really happens other than the creative holiday of ghouls & goblins, which around our house is a treat! We have a lot of fun with Halloween, have lots of little traditions, and lots of good laughs!

Tab & I on Halloween

Avery & Caroline carving pumpkins

November is another thing altogether. I despise November. I should love it, because it is a time to celebrate thankfulness, and although I have so many things (especially in November) to be thankful for, sometimes I just can't knock my gloom. I'll start with the wonderful things in November, my daddy's birthday, my dear friend Sarah's birthday, Caroline's birthday, and Thanksgiving. Now the yucky part of November would be that my mom passed away in November 2001. And not only did that happen, but she was buried on her birthday, which was November 16th. So that then makes me have 2 really sad and lonely days. Although I have sooooo much I am thankful for, I miss her terribly, and wish everyday that she could be here to meet my husband and Caroline. Caroline would have tickled her pink!

December is a time for family, friends, and celebrating the birth of Christ! And presents too! My family loves Christmas, and I have taken over doing all the little holiday things my mother used to do with us, along with adding some new traditions to the mix! We have a Christmas baking party the Saturday before Christmas, where a bunch of the girls get together and make lots of goodies for the big day, while consuming multiple bottles of our favorite wines! This usually turns into quite a fun and belly laughing day for us! And so far, all the food has been perfectly edible!


Caroline & Shimmer

The car that Santa brought her

Caroline trying to be a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader on Christmas Day!

No comments: