Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

30 April 2009

Back in the Saddle Again

Whew! What a week so far! Not much time to post this week!

Have I mentioned lately just how much I love this little sassy pants?

Caroline has been trying my emotional patience this week with more fever and an icky, icky cough. I was a little down in the dumps yesterday morning, and just had to put on my happy mommy face while we toughed it out at home. By the afternoon, I wasn't feeling quite so hopeless. But a little help from Blue Bell's Mocha Madness did the trick!


I know I've mentioned Shimmer, Caroline's fearless sidekick, who just so happens to be a 5lb. Chihuahua, but I have to tell y'all, this dog just cracks me up! She thinks she's a cat, seriously. When she goes outside and potties, she always scratches her feet after she's done, ya know, like a cat would if they were covering up their litter. And she has decided that her new resting place is on the top of our couch, curled up in a little ball...I thought only cats perched on the top of the couch. Apparently not. And poor thing, she lets Caroline torture her daily. She dresses Shimmer up, puts her in a stroller, makes her a bed, you name it, that dog has done it. It's a miracle she doesn't bite Caroline every time her hands reach out to grab her! But, amazingly, they are best buds.


These 2 pictures were just part of our day yesterday!



And then today, I got this sweet award from Jen at Kitchen Table Parenting...thanks girl, that was so sweet!


Here is what the "Let's Be Friends Award" entails...

"The Let's be Friends award stands for this: These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated.Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers."

Here are my 8:

1. Camily at La*Teed*Ah

2. Lindsey at Houser Happenings

3. Shorty at Securityville

4. Laurie at The Niebuhr Family

5. Tabi at Tabi Rambles on...

6. Martha at Keepin' Up with the Jones'

7. Elyse at Following Him

8. Leanna at The Hill

I enjoy all of your blogs and hope you enjoy mine too! Happy Thursday!

8 comments:

Jacki said...

Alicia,
I just stumbled upon your blog, and I can TOTALLY relate!
I'm a "southern mom" too....from the great state of KY, and I also have a daughter with ITP!

How scary!

My daughter is a bit older now
(31) but was 15 when she was diagnosed. Not only was it a long hard fight, but she also married and carried a full term baby durning one of her worst episodes!
GOD IS GOOD!
I look forward to following your journey. Feel free to email me if you have questions, or I can help in any way!

((Hugs To You))
Jacki

Laurie said...

Thank you so much Alicia! You are so sweet!;) I am glad to see Caroline's got a wonderful loyal bud!

Martha Jones said...

Alicia, thank you so much for the award! You made my night!

Martha Jones said...

I left an award on my blog for you!

Jen said...

You are so welcome! You really are a sweet sweet lady! :)

Shorty said...

Thank you so much for the award! I love your blog and am always so glad to read of your good news and positive health updates for Caroline (and all the in betweens). I know you'll have more good news to post again very soon. Hang in there! You're such a great mom, and a very sweet bloggy friend! So glad we found each other's sites!

LeAnna said...

Aw, Alicia! Thanks! I feel special now. Im glad you left me a comment letting me know, because for some reason, this post never showed up in my blog roll. Thanks again! Hope you have and AWESOME week!

Lindsey said...

Alicia!

Thanks for your sweet posts! I love reading your blog everyday too! Thanks for the award-how do I put on my website-I'm still a blog rookie :)
Have a blessed day with your sweet Caroline! :)

Lindsey