Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

01 April 2009

Keeping up With the Joneses, errr, the Murry's

This post really has nothing to do with the titles original meaning, I just thought it would work for me today...since I am going to fill y'all in on everything we've been up to.

Caroline went for her last weekly count check yesterday {ITP/low platelets}. Her count went from 189 last Tuesday to 201!!!! I was sooo relieved. I had literally been worrying myself sick since last Thursday morning when she woke up feeling so crabby, with a horrible cough. Friday morning she was worse, so I kept her home, and doped her up on meds in the hope that I could get this to clear up quickly before her platelet count dropped again. I know, I know...I am not a doctor, I cannot make viral things go away, they have to run their course. But, I was just worried because that is the number one thing her doctor said usually brings on the ITP.

I know I can't stop it, but I was just so scared for her that she would have more needling poking to go through. So you can imagine my excitement when her count was up yesterday! She still has a horrible cough and runny nose, but now I am thinking maybe its just her allergies? I don't know!
************************************************
On another note, a few weeks ago, I took Caroline to take some spur of the moment pictures in the Bluebonnets. It was so fun, and she was so silly.


She had her own ideas of how she wanted to pose for the pictures...

************************************************
We also went to a birthday party, which was a lot of fun for the kids...it was at an inflatable party place...so fun for them. Unfortunately, the pictures aren't that great, because my camera isn't that great, so you'll just have to get over the bluriness!

They have this one slide that is sooo huge. The kids love it, and of course they beg us to go down it too! So here I am going down!


So embarrassing...all the girls wanted me to go down with them, so I obliged. I just didn't know they were going to pull me down with them.


Can you tell she was a little mad? She got caught running!

**********************************************
Now, I have to brag a little. I try not be be the annoying mom who brags on and on about their kid, and usually I don't. But, I am really proud of my little girl!

Anyone who knows her, knows how incredibly bright she is, and no, I'm not just saying that. Let me give you some examples of her learning.

8 months - talking
10 months - walking
1 year - talking in full sentences
2 years - knew all her letters & numbers
3 years - could recognize words when seeing them

I could go on, but, if you know her, then you've experienced her. She has the vocabulary of a 3rd-4th grader, and amazes you by what she understands. They have little "exams" {for lack of a better word} to see how they are progressing in kindergarten. She does really well. She is in an advanced group in her class. In pre-k, one of the things they ask the kids is to start counting as high as they can. She sat down, started counting and got to 151, looked at her teacher and said, "I can go higher, but this is boring." She amazes me.

All this to say, that Caroline was selected to be part of the Gifted and Talented program in her school district. There are only 3 Kindergartners in her school that were selected {from what she tells me}, and I am so proud to be her mama! I know she will go far, and I can't wait to see what she does in life.

***************************************
Hopefully your still with me! We got to go spend some time with our good friends Robert & Lisa last week. They have a huge, gorgeous backyard, and they have a burn pit that we sit around when the nights are cool. We had a great time catching up with them, and took a few pics while we were there.


Can you see the fire in my glasses?

She loves their swing!

No comments: