Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

14 April 2009

Here We Go Again...

*****UPDATE*****

It dropped. A lot. From 201 to 58. Not good.

We go back for counts again on Friday. I'm praying it doesn't drop anymore. If it gets much lower, we will be headed back to the hospital more than likely.

She still has a fever that won't go away. She stayed on the couch all day...a huge feat for Caroline. And, she took a nap! Not like her at all!

******************************************************************************
Original Post:

Let me just start by saying uggghhhhhh!!!!!

Today we go for Caroline's 2 week count check, and wouldn't you know she came and got in bed with us last night....you guessed it, with a fever. She has had the fever all day, with no other symptoms.

Just like last time, you know, when she was diagnosed with ITP,
and her count was a 10.

The only positive thing I see so far is that she doesn't seem to have any petechiea. I just don't know if I can stand this. Well, I know I will, but it just kills me that this is such an off the wall disease, with no apparent answers.

Normally when we go for our counts, we just go to the lab, and bypass her doctor all together. But, I thought I should call them since she was running a fever, and her doctor definitely wants to see her this time. We go in a few hours, so I'll update after we get home.

Could y'all say a quick prayer for my sweet boog? "Please Lord, let her be okay...."

2 comments:

Tim said...

Praying now Alicia. Keep us posted.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Shorty said...

I'm so sorry! wishing and praying all the best for Caroline and you guys.