Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

20 April 2009

Sunny Days

First, I want to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers for my sweet Caroline! Y'all ROCK! I also want to thank Tim over at The Fort for posting about Caroline, and to all his readers who have thought of us! Y'all are just awesome!

So for the update...

Friday we went in, and her count was down to 30, so they decided before putting her in the hospital, they wanted to try a round of low dose steroids to get her platelets up. We had a very low-key weekend staying quiet around the house. It has been stormy and rainy down here for days, so that didn't help my already melancholy mood any, and staying inside for 4 days wasn't helping either. Finally, yesterday was a beautiful sunny day, so I decided Caroline and I needed a little outside time. Of course, I wasn't sure how she would do with being outside and staying calm, so I decided I would nip any thoughts of her running and playing in the bud by taking a walk. We walked Shimmer, Caroline's fearless little sidekick, and enjoyed the warm sun.

We went in first thing this morning to get her counts checked, I was hoping of course that they would be up, and I could take her to school. The good news is that they shot up to 145! Yipee! Some good progress! They want to see them get a little higher, in the 200's, but at least we are on our way! The semi-bad news is that she can't go back until tomorrow. Not a big deal, but I was really hoping that she could go back and get back into her normal routine, and I could get back to work. I need a little normalcy myself {not that I don't love being able to be home and take care of her!}, I am drained, and a little more than tired of Miss Spider and Sponge Bob.

I am so thankful to all the wonderful bloggers who have sent us words of encouragement and prayer, as well as all our family and friends who have offered their comfort and support in so many ways!
Thank You All...

9 comments:

Elyse said...

YAY for small blessings and the numbers rising! Hopefully they will shoot up again soon!
~Elyse~

Courtney and the Boys said...

I'm with Elyse...yay for small blessings that really feel BIG! We've been in constant prayer for Caroline. Glad to hear the good news!!! :)

Jen said...

I'm glad to see the numbers have gone up..great!! Still praying..

Frugal Jen said...

Great news, we will continue to pray they hit the level the doctors want.

Laurie said...

PTL! Glad to hear the good news! Still praying!

Martha Jones said...

Hi Alicia! I have never commented before, but just wanted you to know that I am praying for you and Caroline. (What a beautiful name!) I am so glad to hear that her counts are going up. I will continue to pray, and if you don't mind I will mention it in our prayer time tomorrow at school.

Alicia {Murry Mayhem} said...

Wow! Really, y'all are all just too sweet!

P.S. I never mind people praying for us, go ahead and pray!

Love,
Alicia

Amy said...

So glad to hear uplifting news.

Still praying!!

Tim said...

Alicia,

PTL!! This is great news. Baby steps right.

We will continue to lift her up to the Lord in prayer until she is totally healed. We love you and your family so much and will do anything for you.

I will also be posting about the sign you sent very soon so keep a look out for that. Who knows maybe it will bring some followers to your blog that are intersted in getting their own signs and most importantly want to pray for sweet Caroline.

Love and Prayers,

Tim