Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

01 August 2013

Time

Summer.

Kids think we have all the time in the world in the summer.
Summer means long days.  Lazy days. Swimming, picnics, and lots of playing.

Summer for me means long days, long nights.  And I realized the other morning, the blessing of waking up to my beautiful girl.

Not that I ever take that for granted, but there are days I don't cherish it like I should.

Each day is a challenge trying to keep her busy.  I want her summers to be a time of fun and love and joy.

And well, some days they just aren't.  Every mom has challenges when there babes are home full time in the summer.

My challenge is working from home and giving her the best summer I can.  Remembering not to let the little things get to me.

I found myself being short with Caroline a few days ago.  I hated that feeling.  I prayed for patience when I went to bed that night.  Prayed for God to give me patience, understanding and time.  Time for her during the day.

I woke up yesterday and felt, truly felt the blessing that she was.


We had a good day.  I worked, and when she asked me a million questions, I was patient.

I may not be able to give her a summer full of trips and fabulous days doing camps and running to friends houses, but I can give her love.  I can give her my time. 

Because honestly, that's all she really wants.

So for all you parents at home this summer, be patient.  Even when it's hard.  We won't get these days again.



No comments: