Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

29 August 2013

Fun{ky} Filled Fridays


Since I've had a rough go of it for the last week, I was thinking about things that make me happy, ya know, to make me smile as I roll off the couch to get to a standing position.  And I thought it might be fun to do a post about some of my favorite things.

We all have things that take us to our happy place.  Here are a smidge of mine.
_______________________________________________________________

Sunflowers y'all.  They just scream happy.  I've always loved them.  In fact, when I married Caroline's dad, we got married in Magen's Bay, St. Thomas and the flowers offered were all tropical.  I was having none of it.  My sweet daddy had sunflowers flown in from the states for me.  Don't worry though when I married my sweetie pie hubby, I used the next best thing Gerberas ;)


Starbucks decaf white chocolate mocha with hazelnut.  Enough said.  Makes me all warm & fuzzy!


My Bible.  No explanation really needed on this one.  It's a go to when I need comfort, truth and advice.  It never fails me.


A good hot bath.  Nothing makes me feel better, more relaxed or more comforted.  I can literally sit in there for hours.

Chanel No. 5.  My mom was a firm believer in each woman having their own signature scent.  When I was 16 she took me to Neiman Marcus to find mine.  And she had rules.  It couldn't be some new trendy scent, something that went from season to season, and nothing too overpowering.  Every time I smell it, I think of her.  {Even though it's not what I wear daily...oops!}


Chapstick is a must have for me.  I can't stand dry lips and I put it on all day long and just before bed.  I have about 100 tubes.  Seriously.  Brand doesn't necessarily matter either, but Chapstick and Burt's are my 2 fave's.


Shoes.  In any form or fashion.

Kate Spade bags make me swoon.  I love the colors, the fun factor and the style of them.


Pens sounds silly, but oh so true.  A new pen that writes just perfectly can change my whole day.

Circle E Candles are the best!  Every time I light one and my home fills with the smell of Almond Creme Cake, I smile.

What are some of your favorite things?  Have a great weekend my friends!

No comments: