Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

23 August 2013

Not so Fun{ky} Filled Fridays

Things always happen when you least expect them to.  Always.

Little did I know I was about to be in for the ride of my life, haha....not really.

Wednesday night was a normal night at the Murry house.  After dinner I was watching some tv with my girl and I started having bad stomach pains.  Like I thought I might need to toot pains.  Nothing happened.  I couldn't make them go away.  I couldn't get comfortable.  Nothing, and I mean nothing was working.

I tried a warm bath, meds, milk {which if you know me I can.not stand milk} positions to relieve the pain...nothing.  By 9am Thursday, I was ready to crawl into a ball and die.  So I called a bff and she came to my rescue and drove me and a sad Caroline to the ER.

On the way I lined up plans to keep Caroline entertained so she didn't panic about me.  I just needed someone to watch her and possibly get her ready for Meet the Teacher, which by then I would surely be fine to take her to.  Luckily, she had soccer after that then a swim with friends so I just had to worry about the first few hours, right?  Yep, not so much. 

 
By about 1pm I knew I was stuck in the hospital.  My gallbladder was shot.  The actual words they used were, "it looks like your gallbladder is melting."  Huh?  What is that supposed to mean?

It meant I was about to have emergency gallbladder surgery, that's what.

There were lots of tears.  I'm a big 'ol baby when surgery gets brought up.  So here I am dying and trying to figure out how I'm gonna fit in Meet the Teacher first. 


How could I miss it?  I was so defeated.  I felt like the worst mom in the world.  I know, there is nothing I could do to change it, and Caroline was fine.  But again, if you know me, I don't miss anything concerning my girl if I can help it, and I couldn't help this.


We had things lined out for the next day, surgery was postponed due to too many traumas coming in the ER, so I got moved to a room until surgery could be done Friday morning.  Caroline was having a ball with her friends, and I was surrounded by precious family and friends there to help us all.


I have to say, we are truly, truly blessed.  In no less than a few hours, we had my parents, 4 friends and a slew of others lining up things for us and sitting by my side till hubby could get there.  Blessed beyond words.

Surgery went well, and I'm home.  Sore, but home and healthy! 

I really have to say a huge thank you to our friends and family, they are the best.  I've had flowers delivered, cupcakes, my daughter taken care of, rides, visits to the house and hospital, and my bff in Dallas even ordered food for us the first night home because she couldn't be here.  We feel very loved.

So for now, I have to take it easy and its hard, but I'm trying.

Now to try and figure out how I'm going to drive Caroline to her first day of school...


No comments: