Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

15 August 2013

Limbo, but not really

I feel like I'm in limbo.  Ever feel that way?

I feel like it's all just floating around up in the air.

I'm not sure if it's a bad thing or a good thing to be uncertain about what lies ahead, but I can say it's unnerving.

I've talked recently about my struggles, deciding whether to go back to a full time job, parenting struggles, but I haven't talked about how my faith isn't in limbo.

You see, I know who my Savior is.  I know He's there.  I know He's in control of what lies ahead.  I'm not going to sit here and act like I'm a Godly woman, because honestly, I'm not.  I don't live a life that shows how much I love Jesus.  But, I want to.

I talk to God every single day.  When I lay my head down at night I find peace in telling Him what's on my heart.  I beg for Him to show me how to be a better christian example.

I ask for guidance in how to get to the place I want to be in my life.  And when I think that He's not listening, I get reminders that He is.

I stumbled on this little gem tonight:

"Nothing happens by chance.  You are where you are because that is where God wants you."
1 Thessalonians 5:18

As soon as I read that, it clicked.  This is what I desperately needed to hear.  Even though I know it's all in His hands, sometimes you just need to read scripture to rest your mind from worries.

The beauty in me finding this, when I pulled up this scripture, I couldn't find this version anywhere.  And the source didn't list it either.  I was stumped.  What I did find, read like this:

16 Always be joyful. 17 Never stop praying. 18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Even though they have the same meaning, I needed to "hear" it for the simple meaning.  I am where I am because He wants me right there.

A few things I want to point out about this whole light bulb moment for me: 

* I just found this blog last week and hadn't really read but 1 or 2 posts.
* My mother always, and I mean always told me to pray without ceasing {1 Thessalonians 5:17}

He's listening.  And He's reassuring me that He's got this.  What a powerful answer to my prayers.

I may feel like I'm in limbo...but not really.

No comments: