Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

21 November 2008

In Shock

I was reading Frugal Jen's personal blog this morning, and she was talking about a Levi's commercial that she saw last night on TV while watching The Office. Now, I don't watch commercials often {thanks TIVO!}, so I had no clue what she was talking about. I just knew she was really offended by it and took a stand.

I decided to pull it up on You Tube to see how bad this was.......HORRIBLE, that's what it was.

To think that companies have that few morals. That's it perfectly normal and okay to provide all our precious children with the innuendos that this commercial implies. And I'm not necessarily talking about us letting our kids watch this stuff, I'm pretty darn picky about what Caroline watches, but what about all the teens that do stay up later than our little ones? This commercial totally gives them the wrong idea. I have always thought I was a little more relaxed with some of the things that are on TV, but this is just AWFUL.

I am going to send my thoughts to Levi's. In no way, shape or form is it acceptable to give the impressions that this commercial is giving. Teens already have so many pressures and stresses.

Let's face it, we are smart enough to know that teen sex happens.....all the time in fact. But do we really have to give the impression that its okay? We need to educate our kids about the consequences those actions take, not glorify them into being sexy.

I am going to try and calm myself down now.....sorry for the "Soap Box" post, but I just couldn't help myself.

2 comments:

LeAnna said...

Yeah! These are bad! There is actually a series of the 'Unbuttoned' commericials. You can find 2 more that I know of on You Tube too un der "Levis commercial unbuttoned-Lies & Secrets (its the worst to me) and same-Guitar) They all have bad messages! Props on writting a letter!

Frugal Jen said...

Girl, I am glad you are writing too!. It is mom's like us that together can make a difference.