Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

07 November 2008

Dental Mayhem

Here is my latest update on the good ole teeth. If you read this post, you are pretty much up to date...until yesterday! I had to go back yesterday because I was dying {ok, not really, but I hurt like the dickens!!!} So he tells me that I still have a raging infection in my tooth that is making my ear hurt. Since I can't afford the $2200.00 price tag to fix these last 3 teeth just yet, he came up with another plan.

He drilled a very tiny hole in my tooth to relieve some of the pressure, and let it start draining {YUCK}. I am on yet another round of antibiotics for a week and go back next Friday for a Pulpotamy {and no I don't really understand what that is}, and then he will shave my tooth down so I can't bite with it.

All this so that I can avoid having the full blown root canal, and making my tooth too brittle to put the crown on in January. If this doesn't work, then I will be missing 3 teeth {all molars} on the upper left of my mouth! Just call me bubbette! Hope fully this will work so that I can have teeth to eat with and be completely pain free for once in the last 5 years!

2 comments:

Courtney and the Boys said...

Wow...and I thought I had been through the ringer with my teeth. I don't hold a candle to your journey! I went to the dentist 8 times in one month a few months ago. I had my first root canal (OMGoodness) and first crown. Wow. I can't imagine what you've been through. Hang in there!!

Alicia {Murry Mayhem} said...

Thanks!