Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

18 February 2009

She Must Have Had a Bowl of Sugar

Ever have one of those days when you pick your precious child up from school/daycare/somewhere and you just can't wait to see how their day was, love on them and just go home to spend time with them? Yeah, well I do, and I know you do too!

I didn't sleep well the night before, and when I'm having a bad day, I love me some Caroline! She just makes me smile, and warms my heart with all her antics. So as I'm on my way to pick her up from school, I was thinking about what she and I could do together when we got home. Cook dinner, maybe make cupcakes {bad for the mommy who is trying to be healthier!}, read together, you get the idea.

I park, walk in, and she is running full force to greet me. What a great feeling...until she hits me with her head full on in the tummy. UGGGHH! Gee sweetie, I love you too! I know she wasn't being mean, but darn it, it was unpleasant to say the least!

As we are getting to the car, one of our friends pulls up to pick up her daughter, and Caroline assaults her too. Geesh kid, calm down! We talk for a few minutes while Caroline {who I am now holding} lays her head on my shoulder giving me the cuddles that I so wanted! Then, it all abruptly comes to an end.

Kim goes to get her daughter, and as we are saying goodbye, Caroline says, "can I have this {holding up a sucker}?" I reply, " no baby, you can have it after you eat dinner". This is usually my response when she wants to eat junk after school. This is what happened next:

Caroline: But I want it now! {screaming and whining}

Me: I said no, you can have it after dinner, or not at all.

Caroline: Ughgh! Oh, yea, I want it so I can have it. {imagine all the sass in the world here}

Me: I said NO! And if I hear you talk like that to me again, guess what you get?

Caroline: My mouth washed out. {barely audible}

Me: Wanna try your luck?

Caroline: No ma'am. Here. {handing me the sucker}

She was pretty quiet on the ride home since she new she had royally messed up. We get in the house, and she drops her stuff in the floor, and heads to let the dogs in. From that point on, she was literally bouncing off of things. We could not believe her stinking energy. She never slowed down. No time to love on momma, just go, go, go. She must have had a bowl of sugar. We had dinner, called her cousin to wish her a happy birthday, took her bath, and off to bed she went.

Only then does she look up at me and ask if I will lay down and read to her. I crave to cuddle with her, but I can't tell if she means it, or if it's another stall tactic, so I stick to my guns and say not tonight, you took too long in the tub. She didn't complain too much, so I turned off the lights and left. She was out in less than than 5 minutes.

Maybe she'll slow down enough tonight to give her momma some time with her!

2 comments:

Trina said...

Aww, the things that rip a mother's heart out! Been there done that with mine too :(

Sarah said...

My son is always in the WORST mood when he walks in from half day preschool...I think it's hard sometimes for them to readjust. She's a cutie though!