Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

24 February 2009

It Just Gets Worse

The doctor's appointment yesterday did not make me feel much better about Tab's infection. It was worse. They gave him a shot in the booty, and changed his antibiotic to something even stronger, because of course the staph he has is MRSA, which is the worst there is.

The really discouraging part is that the doctor drew lines around the whole red area, and told me to watch it closely, and if the redness spreads across the lines to take him to the ER and have him admitted immediately. GREAT!

Well, it has now reached the lines, but not yet crossed them.

And, about 2am, Caroline comes and gets in bed with us. Not a good sign. About an hour later I realize she is on FIRE! You have got to be kidding me right? Sure enough she has fever...103.3! I slightly panic, but give her some Motrin and lay back down with her. The fever never broke, but got down to 101.2. By the time I got up for work, it was back up to 102.1.

2 days ago, she said her head hurt, but she knocks it on stuff all the time, so I didn't think much about it. She said it again last night, so I gave her some Tylenol, she felt better and that was it...or so I thought. This morning she said her head and her back are hurting her. I'm trying not to freak myself out!

I am waiting right now for her doctor's office to open so I can get her in ASAP! Just a couple more minutes! Please keep Tab & Caroline in your prayerrs and pray that they can BOTH be A-ok!

5 comments:

The Drama Mama said...

Alicia!!! When it rains it poors, huh? Praying so hard for all of you! Praying Tab's infection does not get any worse and I am also praying poor Caroline gets better ASAP! Please let me know if I can do anything...or be praying for anything else specific! Love you!

The Drama Mama said...

I just read a twitter that you were working on a blog signature...isn't it so fun to play with that kind of thing? Let me know if you want any help!

Frugal Jen said...

I will be praying for Tab and Caroline I hope they both get better soon and Mommy doesn't get sick!

Elyse said...

Praying for Tab and Caroline to feel better/get better soon!
~Elyse~

Anonymous said...

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers while Tab and Caroline get better!!