Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

12 February 2009

But I Talk Funny Now!

Well, I'm sad to say that Caroline has lost her first tooth. Why am I sad you ask? Because this is the last of the "baby". I know...I sound crazy, but think about it. She's reached every milestone, except for loosing her teeth. All of her cousins have, and her friends...but not her...until now.
For me this is the last "baby" thing about her. And I never thought her loosing a tooth would really make a difference to me. Boy was I shocked last night when I cried after she went to bed. And, of course, Tab was on the couch laughing at me.

Let me give you the skinny.

Her tooth has been loose for over a month now, so we have just been waiting for it to get really loose. While we were gone on the cruise, Caroline stayed with Ryan, Amy & Avery. One night the girls were taking a bath, and goofy Caroline had the wash cloth in her mouth, so...Avery decided to pull the wash cloth out. There were tears and a little blood, and a tooth that was really loose now! Poor kid! So they both had to tell me about it as soon as we walked in the door! She has been wiggling it all week in hopes that it would finally come out. Well last night she let me peek in her mouth to see that it was barely hanging on!

I got voted to pull it, husband is a wee bit squeamish with blood! Caroline was pleading with me not to pull her tooth, but y'all, it was seriously just barely hanging in there! I let her put a popsicle on her gums to "make it numb", and then I yanked that bad boy outta there. No, I'm not really that mean...I don't think! But I did pull her tooth. And you would have thought I was cutting her arm off. Of course less than 5 minutes later she was smiling while she ate her popsicle. After she was done, she kept saying, "great mom, now I talk funny"! Which of course was only because she kept pushing her tongue through the hole!

Poor kid, can you see the red streaks on her face and the wet spots on her shirt from crying?


Naturally this morning she was elated to find the tooth fairy had visited, and more than willing to show off her proud new smile!


She was so excited this morning that she had finally lost a tooth!

1 comment:

Earth Mama Sarah said...

Awww sweet girl! I know it's hard to see them grow up so fast! Aaron is making a solo trip with Ruby next week to seal the deal on the whole weaning process- and after that, potty learning! Oh how I miss those sweet baby days...