Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

10 February 2009

Sail Away...

*****Disclaimer: this is slightly long*****

For
anyone who has been wondering where I have been {because so many of you missed me..hehehe}, we have been on a wonderful Caribbean getaway with the family. We had 7 glorious days away from the real world {including parenting}.

I have such a wonderful family. My parents took all their kids on a family cruise. Actually that's not completely true, my step-mom {because my dad would never do this...sorry daddy!} pays for us to go on a cruise with them every so often! Isn't she
unbelievable? I know, I'm really lucky! So we just got home from our trip, which was so nice to get away with the husband {and family} for some fun! The only sad part is that our kids don't go with us. My dad gets a little unnerved with the younger ones {under 10 basically}, so we do this mostly for his sanity, or else he would be a huge grumpy pants! But, this year Tracy did get to take her oldest, Jeremy because he's about to be 17.

Needless to say, it was nice to get some quality time with husband and family, without chasing a 6 year old all over a ship!

I have to tell you that we are a little dorky though...we love trivia. We play it all the time on the ship. Like 3 times a day! How silly is that? We had lots of fun
trying to win. Notice I said trying, we only one once, on the very 1st trivia game...so sad.

We had a little rough weather and we were unable to go to Jamaica {where we had this awesome trip planned, 7 zip lines...would have been so fun!} but we just lazed around the pool instead. Tab and I rode a moped all over Cozumel and played on the beach, we had so much fun just the 2 of us! We saw this lady get some crazy looking drink that came served in a pineapple, seriously she got the
whole pineapple! So I had to order one! Look how silly!


If you have never been on a cruise, you must go. If not for the getting away, for the food! Oh man, is it good! You will never eat so much in your life! Really. And such a variety. You get to try things you would never try at home. And, the most fun part for me is the dinner. I don't have to cook, I get to eat in this beautiful room, and I get to dress up! How great is that? I never have the occasion to get all dolled up anymore, and I love this part of the cruise! We had 2 formal nights, and I mean formal. Like women in ball gowns, men in tux's or dinner jackets, so its always fun to see what people are wearing! Here are some shots of the first formal night.


The Parents {Jack & Mary Lou}

Some really pretty girl husband took a picture of....ha ha ha, just kidding!

Ron & Analisa

My daddy & me {isn't he adorable?}

And here's the second one! I meant to take some random pictures of other people to show y'all some of the other "formal" people, but I forgot!



Mary Lou and Tracy

Ron and our Head Waiter Paulo {he was a cutie!}

Tracy & her son, Jeremy

And did I mention the food? I'm telling you, it's unbelievable. You have a five star meal every night. The best part is you can order anything you want on the menu...
anything. There are usually 6 or so choices in each course, and you can order 1 of each if you want, or 2 of the same thing. There was duck consumme, lobster bisque, lobster tail, filet of beef, escargot, peach soup, lamb, duck, and I can't even begin to tell you about the desserts. YUMMY, that's all I can say.

Chocolate Brownie

Mushroom Puffed Pastry

Ron - with his corn
Paulo over heard Ron say that he loved corn, so he brought him a plate full of it!

He ate ALL of it!

If you have managed to hang in there all this time on this really looong post, you are now rewarded with, wait for it......

......more random pictures from the cruise!

Husband climbing the rock wall

Cozumel

Ron & Analisa

Daddy & me

the ocean.....ahhhhhhhh

What I won on the slot machine...557 quarters {139.75} And that's nothing, the guy next to me won 517.25!!!!!

2 comments:

LeAnna said...

Looks like you guys had a BLAST!! I have been wondering where you were and totally forgot you were going on an awesome vacation!! Hope you guys had fun, but welcome back to the real world!

Earth Mama Sarah said...

Awesome. So jealous!