Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

16 November 2009

Cup Full of Pity Anyone?

***Updated***

Well, the doctor thinks I have Mono!  Great!  We won't know for sure for about a week because they can't test until I've had symptoms for at least a week.  But if I feel better in a few days, then we'll know its NOT Mono.  I sure am praying that it isn't!

**************************************************************
Original Post:

Yep, that's right...I'm having myself a grand ole pity party in the wee morning hours.  Why you ask?  It's simple.  I don't feel good.  I was sick earlier this week and then by Friday felt pretty good, so I went to work, only to feel icky again by friday night.  First it was the tummy, and by Saturday morning I had a full fledged sore throat...great, just what I wanted.  I was hoping that I would wake up today {Sunday morning} and feel fine, but to no avail, a whole lot worse.  My throat hurts, my glands, heck...my whole neck hurts!  And non of my OTC {over the counter} stuff seems to help.  I don't want to be sick.  I don't want to miss work.  I hate being home all day.  And most of all I don't want boog to get this yucky stuff!

So since I couldn't sleep, I decided to come get on the computer.  I have several posts that I just haven't gotten around to and I figured I'd just do an all-in-one of the past few weeks.  Oh, and have a pity party.

Caroline started gymnastics awhile back, and bless her sweet little heart, she gives it her all!




Her GT{gifted & talented} class had a Mad Scientist night where they dressed up like Einstein and did all sorts of crazy experiments!  She had so much fun, can you tell?



She was a Geisha Girl for halloween, and her wig didn't last 5 minutes before she had it all out of whack!



We did a hayride, since you know we live way out in the country, because the kids can't exactly walk from house to house!  She got so cold that she got down on the floor of the trailer and just her head was peeking through everyone's knees!  Her face in this one just cracks me up!



A few Sundays ago, as I was cutting coupons from the paper, she decided she wanted to read the paper.  Of course, she found the funnies and immediately recognized Charlie Brown!



Okay, so those made me feel better.  But, I'm still miserable.  I'm just praying that I will wake up in the morning and feel mcuh better.  I really hate being sick, and I'm a horrible patient.  So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for feeling better super fast!

10 comments:

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

Get some sleep. Hope you feel better soon!
http://domesticprincessintraining.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

I'm sorry you are sick. That's stinky!

My little guys love Charlie Brown! It's funny because my older two weren't into the classics at all! My little ones love them all, like The Flintstones, Tom and Jerry, etc.

Hope you get better fast!

Nicole

Lindsey said...

I hope you feel better! So sorry you have that crap-if OC meds aren't working go see your Dr & ask for levoquin (it knocks anything out the fastest)! Take with food-strong stuff! Get some rest :)
XOXO!!
Lindz

Martha Jones said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon! My kids were wanting to read the paper yesterday! So Funny! Sometimes it feels good to have a pity party! I had one just the other day. :)

Elyse said...

Feel better soon Alicia! It is no fun to be sick...in the same boat right there with ya!
~Elyse

The Drama Mama said...

UGH...so sorry you are sick! I hate that! Praying you woke up feeling MUCH better this morning! Love & Hugs, sister!

Camily said...

Hope you're feeling better! There's nothing wrong with a good pity party every once in a while! Except mine usually is accompanied by chocolate!

Frugal Jen said...

I hope you get to feel better soon!

Mom said...

Sorry you are sick, hope you get beeter soon!

Dina said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. Just lay on the couch and watch girly movies the rest of the day.