Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

26 November 2010

Random Tidbits

I haven't blogged nearly as much as I did last year, but here lately, I've blogged even less!  I've had lots on my plate and lots on my mind.  I want to blog more, I've loved blogging.  But I feel a slight disconnect lately.  One of the reasons I love blogging is the connection I have with other bloggers!  And lately {possibly my own fault with my lack of blogging} I feel like that connection is gone.  And believe me, that's not why I blog, I blog to document our lives.  But let's be honest here....we all love that people visit our blogs, that they may relate, that they get us.  I love to leave comments when I read something I like, agree with, understand, or got some help from.  Wow...can I use the word "lately" a few more times?  LOL!  Basically, I need to get my bootie in gear, be a better blogger and keep up with my favorite blogs more, and hopefully I'll get to hear from more of my sweet bloggy friends more too!

This year has been sooo much more busy {I know, that's not good grammar}!  With Caroline being involved with cheer, it takes sooooo much darn time!  On top of that, I'm really trying to get my business to grow.  Most of you know that I have an artist itch!  I've been doing it for years and I really want to be able to make something of it.  








 Along with that, I've always been a picture nut, usually with my camera always in my purse!  So last ybear I upgraded to a nicer camera and invested in some lenses, to see what I could do.  After a year of practice, reading, research, and just good old fashioned tinkering, I've done several photo shoots, and I LOVE it!  It's nice not always taking pictures of just my own cutie pie!  So I have that venture on my plate too...and trying to decide if they should both be housed under the same name, or if I want to go with 2 different businesses.  I've decided to house them together under Carolina Sunshine Designs.  So that meant there will be some big changes to the CSD Blog in the near future!  I also started a Facebook page!  Stop by and say hello!  I'll be hosting giveaways there too!











 And of course, you can always throw in family time!  Not only am I learning that having an 8 year old daughter is not easy at all, but raising her to be a good person, and make good choices is even harder!  Wow, I really need an instruction manual these days!  Sassy, knows it all, and hates the clothes I pick for her!!! Hahaha...it will get better eventually...right?  On top of that, hubby works crazy hours, and goes to bed super early, so getting time with him is scarce these days.  We're learning to make our schedules work though!

I've also had lots of projects going on at home, trying to update things on a budget!  Hopefully I'll get some tutorials up here soon!

We can then add the holidays into the mix!  WooHoo!!  I love this time of year!  We hosted Thanksgiving at our house this year and everything turned out great!  The only thing missing was 5 of our family members.  Caroline usually spends Thanksgiving with her dad, his family really loves Thanksgiving so it's their big holiday to get together.  And then my step-sisters crew had other plans today.  But we had great food and great company!  

If any of you are brave enough to go out for the Black Friday shopping....I wish you luck!  I've never braved the stores on Black Friday...have you?

So that's my random tidbits for the day, hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

i LOVE black friday! i didn't get to go this year because i didn't have child care but i hope to resume my tradition next year. i saved almost $700 last year on my christmas shopping!! :)

p.s. pretty pics!

Camily said...

Hey there! I know what you mean about blogging! I blog to document for us, but I love, love, love the comments! Also--so glad you're doing photography! Don't you just love it! I have been down the road of "should I have a seperate photography blog/facebook page, etc?" and I find it is too hard to update everything! Which is why mine hasn't been updated in ... a while!
Anywho, you have a great eye for photography! Love that you're doing it!
AND--did not shop on Black Friday, but did score some bargains on Cyber Monday! Yay!