Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

17 July 2009

Praying for Ryan

Several months ago I posted about Caroline's sweet little friend Ryan. They had a charity fundraiser at her school for Pennies for Patients, which I talked about here. Then literally days later, I got a call from Ryan's mom...she was searching for Caroline because Ryan was diagnosed with Leukemia and really, really wanted to see his friend. We went to visit them in the hospital, which you can read about here, and we have kept in touch ever since.


Ryan was diagnosed with leukemia {T-cell ALL with recurrent Lymphoma} on March 28, 2008.

I keep up with his CaringBridge & CarePages sites and give Caroline updates on how Ryan is doing. He recently had his transplant, and he got to go on a Make a Wish trip, which while he was there, he called to tell Caroline about it!


Ryan on his Make a Wish trip


Yesterday, I heard from his mom. She wanted me to know that Ryan was feeling fine, but that the cancer is back, and they have run out of options. Medically, there is nothing else they can do. My heart breaks for this sweet little boy and his family. They haven't told him how grave the situation has become, and I decided I wouldn't tell Caroline either. We made plans to get the kids together very soon, so they can enjoy some time together playing.




Friends, will you pray with me? I know how much this fmaily believes in His grace, and the power of prayer. They have put this in God's hands. I can only guess at how emotional, how painful, how unfair this whole thing seems to his parents. I thought it was rough enough going through our ITP battles. I can say that I do understand the fear of the unknown when your child is diagnosed with a disease, and it breaks your heart as a parent, no matter how much you trust in Him.

We are blessed to be parents. And even though it is a blessing, it still hurts from time to time. God hears us. God answers prayers. God heals. So today, I'm asking you to join me in praying for sweet Ryan. I'm asking you to pass this on to your prayer groups, other blog friends, link to this post so others can pray too. Thank you sweet friends...I knew I could count on you!

5 comments:

The Drama Mama said...

Girl, I am defintely praying!

ps...what is the name of the design kit you used with your new layout...I LOVE IT!

Always a Southern Girl said...

I'll defintely br praying.

Lindsey said...

Praying for Caroline's friend. Hope you are doing great!
xoxo

Frugal Jen said...

Praying for Ryan!

Martha Jones said...

I will definitely pray for sweet Ryan. Cancer is an ugly monster. I will pray that the Lord holds this sweet family in his loving arms!