Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

21 January 2015

Good for my Soul

Life is crazy, right?  Sometimes we just need to take a minute and get away from the craziness of it all.  So last weekend, that's exactly what I did.

Being a transplant to a new town {really, it's been 8 years, but you get my point} I didn't have any friends at first and was crushed to not be with my bestie everyday anymore.  I never thought I'd have any friends here.  Just a tad dramatic, I know.  Let's be real here ya'll.  Women are not always the nicest people.  It's not easy to put yourself out there and meet new friends, but thanks to my outgoing daughter, I did just that.

I've made a handful of precious friends, and I'm so thankful for them.  Then a few months ago, we got the sad news that one of them would be moving to Siberia.  Not really, but Midland, Texas might as well be Siberia in my book.  Well folks, she came for a visit last weekend!  To say I was happy is an understatement.  And well, it was time for a girls night.  Thank you Jesus!

After getting my hair all prettied up, 3 of us hit the town.  We're such party animals, we went for our favorite.  Salsa and maybe a margarita or two.  We had so much stinking fun just talking and laughing.  These are my people.  I love them.




Saturday night, we had family game night.  Normally we host at our house, but this week we were at another friends house.  Seriously, game nights with friends and family are just the best.  Good food, good people and good laughs.

Nights like these are just good for my soul.

No comments: