Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

01 January 2015

Day 1

As the first day of 2015 comes to a close, I'm sitting here, with Caroline cuddled up next to me on the couch, reflecting on the last year.  It was a tough year for us.  Lots of struggles, pain, realizations and also a year of love, joy and hope.

It doesn't ever leave my mind that God has a plan for my family, but during these trials, I often wonder what the heck it is.  Don't we all?  My faith in His plan never waivers, but I struggle with being patient until He reveals his plans to me.  Sometimes it's hard to be patient with His timing.

My plan for this new year is to be patient.  To be open to what His plan is and to embrace it.  That can be a hard thing.  I plan to dig deep and see what he has in store for me, whether that's finding my groove with my photography, or creating or going back into the away from home workforce.  I don't know what's in store for me, but I know I need a change.  And as much as I love being at home full time, I'm ready for what's next.  I'd love nothing more than to stay at home, and continue creating beautiful images, creating things with my hands for people to enjoy and cherish.  Hopefully. 

For now, I'm going to enjoy my time with my crazy girl and cherish the last few days before she goes back to school.  And learn to be patient with a tween.  Hopefully.


1 comment:

Nicole said...

Coming from a mama with a daughter with a personality much like C's (and we survived it) ... Just enjoy her. Ease up a bit. Try to trust her that you have taught her well. Allow her to make some mistakes with your guidance and comfort through them. Don't make her afraid of making mistakes. She is smart. She is kind. She is beautiful. And she will succeed!!! Hold on loosely but don't let go. Love you Alicia! Happy New Year.