Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

08 May 2011

To All the Mommies



Happy Mother's Day!!!

To all the mother's out there!  The best gift God has ever given me {besides the gift of His son!} is being a mommy to my sweet, crazy, loving little girl.  I never knew what to expect, I never knew how strong the love for another person could be, I never knew I would have such joy from being a mother.  I always knew I wanted to be a mommy, but nothing can prepare you for motherhood.  The ups, the downs, the joy and the pain of it.  I know how blessed we are, and I now there are so many women who want to be mommies...I do my best to never take for granted the gift I've been given.

On another note, I know there are so many of us who are missing our mother's today.  I always imagined I'd have my own grandkids when my mom was gone...nothing could have prepared me for losing her when I was just 23.  I still think of her everyday, when I cook, when I'm at the grocery store, when I take Caroline to cheer, and when I'm at Caroline's school.  It breaks my heart to know that I can't see her or hug her neck, or even have a silly argument with her.  I'll always be thankful for the 23 years I did have with her.  

Make sure today that you hug all the Mother's in your life and tell them that you love them!  And say a prayer for those who've lost their mothers and those who want so badly to be a mother!

Happy Mother's Day!!!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Have a wonderful Mother's Day, Alicia!!!

Unknown said...

I hope you have had a great day so far!! I know you are a fabulous mom!!!

Frugal Jen said...

Hope you had a great mothers day. Your mom was a wonderful women! She sure loved you and was very proud.