Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

27 July 2010

Ever Have One of Those...

Days?  Try weeks!  It all started last Monday {not yesterday}, and I guess I was just in a funk the rest of the week.  Boog and I headed out to work/camp bright and early last Monday morning.  Of course we were on the highway, cruising along, and this big jacked up truck gets up right beside us...and was SO loud.  He finally passed us but the noise was still there, and I just kept thinking who needs a truck that loud?  Well, after a few seconds I realized it was me making all the noise, so I quickly exited.  As soon as I put on the brakes my car started to shake, and I thought I was going to cry.  I knew immediately that I had a blowout.

This wouldn't normally get me so rattled, but hubby just so happened to be 4 hours away that morning and with my back I knew I wouldn't be able to get down and change a tire.  I called hubby anyway and asked him who I should call.  You'll never guess what he said...,"call Steven" {my ex-husband}!!!  So I did!  And lucky for us, he was only a few miles away from us so he was able to come help us change the tire out!  Of course, I had to take a picture of my ex-husband on the ground changing my tire!  Hahaha! 




Later that evening, I took Caroline to her cheer practice, and then went to take back some movies.  As I drove up to the drop box and rolled down my window I heard the loud pop and then a screeching sound.  Yep, my window went out!  You have got to be kidding me!!!!  I just about cried.  So I call hubby and tell him, and then I just start laughing...what else could I do?

I decided to look on the bright side and look forward to the trip we were taking that weekend.  The River.  If you're from Texas, you know what I'm talking about!  For those of you that don't, I'll explain.  Down in New Braunsfels, TX or Gruene, TX lies the Guadalupe River, where you rent a tube and float for hours....ahhhh.  It's so much fun!  I haven't been in years and the hubby and I were so ready to just relax and float along.  We had such a nice weekend camping out, floating the river, cooking out, and playing cards! 

We headed home about noon on Sunday so we would be able to get Caroline and have a little quality time before the weekend was over {it's about a 2.5 hour drive for us}.  About the time we hit Round Rock, the shaking started again.  I replaced my tire and couldn't understand why it all the sudden started doing this!  At least hubby was with me this time!  We pulled over, and yep, the new tire was messed up!  Luckily we were right around the corner from Firestone, and they got me 2 new tires put on the back so we could head home!  Then we got stuck behind a wreck and didn't end up getting home until 6:30!  I was so bummed out, and just wanted to curl up on the couch with my 2 favorite people.  Needless to say, I'm so glad last week is long gone!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

You poor thing...all you can do was laugh!! Glad that week is over!!! Blessings on this week!