Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

20 July 2010

A Little Bit of This and That

Hope everyone is having a good week so far....it's still up in the air for me!  But we'll get to that in a little bit!

Over the weekend, I was working on a big project.  My brothers dad {yes, that makes him my step-brother}  has a girlfriend who has a resale store with one of her friends.  Did I lose you there?  Haha!  The store needs a sign.  My brother is very creative and talented, and he suggested that we work together on this sign.  I was super excited to do this with him!  So, we got together a few weekends ago and got started.  The 1st day we just kinda got our plans together, I sketched out an idea, and we got it all laid out.  Wanna hear the fun part?  This thing is 4ft. tall and 8ft. long {big} and we have to do both sides!!!  Yikes!  So we got to work again this weekend and made huge progress on this thing.

The Sketch


Just starting...


Ron working on the letters


Puppy {I have got to get his face done so he doesn't look like a bunny anymore!}


The kitty cat

The really cool part about the store is that all the proceeds go to a pet rescue one of the ladies owns!  How cool is that?  I think it's such a great idea and I'm glad to be a part of it!

*************************************************************************************

We went to visit Tab's parents, they also live out in the country, and they were telling us about a creek that was a few miles away from their house.  Of course we had to take a bunch of back roads to get there, but boy was it worth it!  Caroline just happened to have on her swimsuit and jumped right in to explore!  I just love watching her play like that...it makes my heart smile!









*************************************************************************************

And don't forget to check out my GIVEAWAY!  You could win a $40 gift certificate!!!!  I'll pick a winner later this week!


*************************************************************************************

And one last favor sweet friends.  I have a very dear friend, Frugal Jen, who is having some serious issues in the last few weeks of her pregnancy.  The latest news is that there may be an infection in-utero, and they are suggesting that they go ahead and deliver the baby.  This is a very scary time for her and her husband, and the rest of their family.  She's only 34 weeks and they had already given her 2 steroid shots to help develop the baby's lungs {she's been on bedrest for several weeks now} in case of early delivery.  So could you pray with me?  I'm praying for wisdom for the doctors, peace & strength for Jen & Josh, and health for their sweet baby.  I know she would also love to hear from people who are thinking and praying for them, so please feel free to stop by and give them your words of encouragement!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

That sign is looking awesome and how fun to collaborate with your brother on something you both love!!

Your photography is just getting better and better! I love the picture of the creek...it was definitely worth the drive!

I will say a little prayer for frugal jen...I read her blog sometimes and hate to hear what she has been going through!

Martha Jones said...

What an awesome sign! I love that the proceeds go to her pet rescue. Very awesome. Thank you for posting about Frugal Jen.I will be praying for their family and their precious baby.