Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

13 January 2010

Hmmm? What Do I Do?

Do I just move forward, or do I back up a little to show you our holidays?  Our lives have been a little crazy here lately, and I have really fallen behind on blogging.  So, I am slowly but surely trying to get all caught up on reading and posting!  Wish me luck!  I have lots to catch up on!

Christmas was wonderful!  I love the holidays and I love celebrating Jesus' birth!  We went to church on Christmas Eve, my nephew Blake was lighting the candles at the beginning of the service, so we went with his parents {Ron & Analisa}, and the message was so inspiring...oh, and the choir director sang O Holy Night, which brought me to tears!  He was amazing!  At the end of the service, we did the traditional candle lighting and sang Silent Night in the candlelight...so beautiful!  At the end I looked over and noticed that Analisa and I were both just streaming tears down our faces.  Both of us have lost our mothers, and both of our mothers cherished Christmas Eve service so it was a sad moment for us.  But we had an even bigger reason to rejoice, our Savior was born!

Here are some pictures from Christmas!

Poor Shimmer!  She got an "Elf" costume!


We do a "homemade gift" for our Chinese Christmas and my Father-in-law built and painted this!
 


The Grandkids
 

 A little arm wrestling...
 

 Blake lighting the candles at the Christmas Eve service
 

 The Tree
 

I LOVE this one!  Boog is super excited about the Baylor headband that Santa left in her stocking!  Precious!




Santa brought Boog her very own Art Easel, she immediately started to paint a picture of Shimmer!


 

Once we got to my parents house Christmas Morning

 My nephew Blake with his turkey hat!!!
 

Grandma got a wooden "Chandler" {Chandler is hew sweet puppy...the one on the right!}
 


This is the coal Caroline got from Santa this year...real coal!
 

Santa left her a package of coal and a note in her stocking...
 

This is what she pulled out....
 


...the note said that Santa was a little disappointed in some of her behavior over the last year, and since mommy and Tab told her that Santa would bring her coal, he put some in her stocking so that she knew he was watching!  There was nothing else in her stocking...but at the end of his letter, he told her to look under the tree for a special gift.  It was a new stocking with her initial on it full of goodies!  If you would like to know more about this...leave me a comment and I'll email you.



New Year's Eve we had a get together with some friends.  We all have kids, so we got together had yummy food, got fireworks for the kids, and had a champagne toast at midnight!  It was a great night with great friends!











This little guy was just too cute not to take a picture of him!
 


 

 

4 comments:

Shorty said...

What great pics! I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas. Your cross necklace is gorgeous! And I would love to hear the deets on what was in the special stocking for Caroline...

So glad you're back!

Laurie said...

Love the post! I was gonna say your cross necklace was gorgeous too! Love it! I bet Caroline is pretty special being the only gran-girl!!!

April Kennedy said...

fun catch-up! thanks!

Martha Jones said...

Love your hair! It looks awesome on you! What a fun Christmas post....The coal idea is a good one!