Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

18 January 2014

Sock Bun Saturday

It's Saturday!  And I don't have a thing to do. Ha!  Which means I can catch up on stuff and check a few things off my list.

One of which is a sock bun tutorial.  I posted a pic on IG last week and got some requests for a tutorial...I did my best.  More on that soon.

I've been hung up on sock buns for a while now.  I'm the girl who hates perfectly coiffed hair.  I like it messy.  The sock bun and me, well it's a match made in heaven.  I like the tousled look, not to say that those of you with every strand in place don't look fabulous, I just don't go for that look often, I think messy hair suits me better.



Since I've lost weight, my jeans have become a huge {literally} problem.  Nothing seems to look right.  I can't find a fit that I'm happy with.  In comes 11 year old fashionista daughter.  She insists that I try some skinny jeans.  Ugh.  I am totally not built for skinny jeans.  But I gave it a go.  I love them.

What the what?  I love skinny jeans?

Yep, I sure do.  Now granted, they still make me a little self conscious, but when compared to my normal Gap Long & Leans, they do make me look smaller.  I didn't realize how much bulk they added to my legs until I saw a pic of me in the skinny jeans.  I now own 2 pair of skinnies.


And yes, they're Gap too.  I have a thing for Gap jeans.  Mine are the 1969 destructed always skinny

And then there's my Toms.  I think most people either love them or hate them.  I love all the options there are.  Any color, any pattern...makes me happy.  I got these super cute Brown Metallic Herringbone Toms for Christmas and wear them all the time.  Love me some herringbone!



Okay y'all, I've stalled enough.  I said there was a tutorial and I need to just bite the bullet and not worry about how silly I look doing this. Ha! 

*Special guest appearances by Squirt the Chihuahua and Mittens the Cat.*





No comments: