Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

09 August 2010

A Proposal

I always knew my life was comical, but this week it was taken to a new level.  About 3 weeks ago, Steven {Caroline's Daddy} called to tell us he got a puppy.  The puppy was going to be for his girlfriend, Andrea, and he was going to hide it from her until he proposed.  Why is this comical?  Because every weekend when she drove down to spend the weekend with him, we had to dog sit so she didn't see the puppy!

His whole plan with the puppy and proposal was to drive up to Dallas one weekend, and take her to DFW airport to watch the planes take off at night.  Sounds weird right?  Not really...they have a place up there where people can drive up and park to watch the planes at night.  They'd been planning to do this for sometime and haven't gotten the chance, so he thought it would be a great setup for the big question!  He'd planned on having one of his friends take Caroline and the puppy out there secretly and have Caroline let the puppy go running towards them with the ring tied around his neck.

He hasn't had the chance to get up there, so she's been coming down here on the weekends instead.  Caroline and I had been warning him that one day she was going to drive down and surprise him and she would see the puppy since she has a key to his apartment, but he didn't believe us!  Ha, he should have!

Thursday night Caroline had a musical at church, we were pressed for time, and Steven calls in a panic!  Andrea was on her way down! Hahaha!  He had to think fast and asked if we could watch the dog.  Then he calls me back and decides that he is just gonna have to propose that night.  He was actually planning on driving up there that night!  So he asks me if I can bring the puppy and Caroline up to the Suspension Bridge after the musical.  What?  Let me get this straight.  You want your ex-wife to deliver the puppy and ring to you so you can propose to your future wife?  Hahaha!  And at first I just laugh at the oddity of me doing this, but then I just kind of ask him if he's sure that would be a good idea.  After I agree, we then decide that I'll hide and take pictures of the whole thing!!!!  I told you, my life is comical!

I come home, get the puppy and ring, and head to the bridge.  When we get there, Caroline is just supposed to walk out a few feet, where she can't be seen , let the puppy with ring around his neck go, and come back to me.  At which point Steven will whistle to the puppy and he will come running to them...ya, not so much!  Caroline gets out there, lets the puppy go, and he runs right back to us.  So I tell her to go a little farther.  Again, he comes right back to us.  This went on for a few minutes and amazingly Andrea never saw any of it!  Finally, Caroline has to walk all the way over to them, hand the puppy to Steven and runs back to me!  Of course at this point I start snapping away, and Andrea now knows we are there!

All in all, it was sweet, but I did feel really weird imposing on their special moment!  Andrea didn't care one bit though, and even came over to hug and thank me afterwards! 







I really did feel like I was intruding on the special moment, so after I finished taking the last shot, I was trying to round up Caroline so we could head home.  The next morning Andrea invited me to go to lunch with her, thanked me again for my help with pulling it off, and then she asked me if I would take their engagement photos.  I was shocked, flattered and a little unsure of whether I should do it or not.  In the end, I decided that yes, I would take their pictures.  If I was there for the proposal, why not go ahead and take their engagement photos?

All of our friends {ours & theirs} think that it's so strange that we all get along, and believe me I do to, but I guess that in then end, we're all stuck with each other for the rest of our lives {LOL!}, so why not make the best of it?  Trust me, Steven still drives me crazy, and I'm sure he always will, but our marriage didn't end because one of us did something to each other, we both realized that we just didn't love each other, and staying together just wasn't what was best for us or Caroline.  So the least we can do for Caroline is not fight over stupid things, enjoy her, and if that means being around/in each others lives than oh well.

It's weird, it's odd, it's comical, but it makes Boog happy!

1 comment:

Martha Jones said...

I think it is so great that you guys get along and that you make it normal for Caroline. You are such a sweet person for doing that!I think a lot of people could learn from you guys.