Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

12 June 2014

First Week of Summer

School's out and the first week of summer is in the books!  We had a pretty low key start to summer, no big trips, no big plans.  Just a little down time, which was nice with the end of school rush.  We just needed a few lazy mornings, a few days filled with being outside.  Although, I'm pretty much done with being outside for awhile, the mosquitoes and chiggers have feasted on me all week long.  Have I ever mentioned that I don't like summertime?  I'll take the winter.

Back to our week.

I do enjoy one perk of summer though, I use summer as my pass to indulge in my love for colored hair.  For the last 3 summers, as soon as school is out, the hot pink dye comes out.  Caroline chooses turquoise and green, but I'm a pink girl.  We literally count down the days until we can pull out our dyes and have some fun.






My Niece graduated from High School on Saturday and we hosted a Graduation Party for her that evening.  We planned for everything to be outside, crazy I know since this is Texas and all, but we Texans have enjoyed a rather cool summer.  For Texas.  It ended up that it was pretty humid that day and we really needed to be inside, but of course our A/C decided to quit and it was cooler outside anyway.  Gotta love Texas.  See why I'm not a fan of summer?



We stayed home most of the week, Caroline and my youngest niece played outside all day and night.  Mostly because I said they had to, I wasn't putting up with sitting in front of the tv all day, they needed to get outside and play.  And they did.  With the water hose, on the trampoline, laid in the hammock reading.  At night they built cup towers and then knocked them down, giggling the whole time.  I did laundry, and more laundry, and yep, more laundry.



Wednesday we spent some time with my daddy.  We had lunch, shopped then finished up with some good old dipped cones from DQ, that's Dairy Queen if you're not from Texas.  The best ice cream cones on the planet.  It was lots of fun watching my 73 year old daddy try to eat his triple cone before it melted all over the place!  It makes my heart happy to see Caroline and her grandpa together, add in some giggles and my cup runneth over.



Thursday, well, it was like Christmas.  The heavens parted and the A/C guy came and fixed a few wires and made my whole world happy again.  I literally stood in front of the vents and smiled as the cold air poured out.  Hey, when you have to endure Texas summers, there's not much better than cold A/C and a glass of sweet tea or a cold Dr Pepper.

Stop back by Friday for some Fun{ky} finds and DIY inspiration!

No comments: