Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

27 June 2013

In the Thick of It

So during June, I'm a little crabby because the girl is gone for the month.  Which means that
a. I miss her terribly
and
b. that I can get tons done {if I don't sit and mope}.

I've been swamped with "stuff". 

We had a yard sale.  Too much stuff and not enough space.  Some of it was hard to let go of.  But it had to go.



And we've been getting ready for our annual beach trip with my inlaws.  We go every 4th of July to the TX coast and we literally veg on the beach for days.  Like, we tent camp.  Like beach bums.  And we love every minute of our time there.  We cook on the beach, we bathe, sleep and play on the beach.  Well we shower in the inlaws camper, but it's on the beach.

Every year the hubs and I drive up and down the beach and swoon at the vintage campers we see.  For several years we've said we'll get one.  We finally decided it was time after last year and got to work hunting one down.  We're strange and really wanted one that was different.  We love the old Shasta's and I love Airstream's but hubby really has a thing for vintage campers with odd shapes.  Yeeeesh. 

His dad stumbled on one right down the road from us and we took off to see it.  But we didn't get warm fuzzies when we saw it.  We decided to wait.  Then his dad calls us back and says he bought it!  He loved our idea so much that they wanted to restore a vintage camper too.  So we all set out to make it happen!

 


I've posted a few pics of the process on FB, but there was so much more to be done.  His dad handled all the interior and we did the exterior.  I still have some finishing touches I'll paint on eventually, like pinstriping the back "V" but that can wait.

I was in charge of making the canopy and the outdoor shower curtain.  The canopy is finished!  The shower curtain is in progress.



Today and the rest of the weekend I'll be packingthe camper with the goodies we'll need since we leave on Tuesday!  Beach Bound or Bust!

Once we get to the coast and all set-up I'll do a post that does this baby justice :)

And since we go for the 4th of July, that calls for new mani/pedi's and cute outfits.  I finished C's sash that she'll wear with a romper that she has.   And I'll do our nails the day before we go, you can check IG for those pics in the coming days.

That's it for now friends...have a fabulous day!



No comments: