Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

29 January 2013

Falling Off the Wagon

I missed my 3rd Fun{ky} Filled Friday post.  I already fell off the wagon.  But, I've got my feet under me {I think}.  I had a lot of great things I wanted to post, but just couldn't get all my thoughts to be cohesive and make any dang sense.  Mom brain?

Part of the problem...mom overload.

I'm a social media/technology junkie, but I'm not so sure I'm ready for my 10 year old to be.  So when her teacher asked for permission to allow her to email me projects I was "iffie".  My feelings on this topic are saved for another post, but in the meantime, it did make me smile and cry when I saw my 1st email from my daughter in my inbox.

We love our kids right?  We even love them when they make us crazy...yes, yes we do.  But when it's 7pm on a Thursday night and they tell you they need a 50's Poodle Skirt for school the next morning...not so much.  Off to Hobby Lobby I went to find the necessary supplies, because lets face it, I wasn't going to be able to walk into a store that late and just pick out the perfect poodle skirt.  I pulled an all nighter.  Hello, I'm 34, and although I'm a slight insomniac, 24 hours of being awake is not what my body likes.  Oh, and a side-note, my munchkin wasn't even home, it was her night at her dad's, I'd like to see him make a poodle skirt at 10pm, so I had to take it to her the next morning.


When I showed up the next morning, barely walking with the biggest bags of my life under my eyes, it was all worth it.  She was beaming!  Her dad couldn't believe how good it was.  Seriously, he doubted my skills?  Moron.  Just kidding {sort of}. 

Work has also kept me on my toes, which is a total blessing.  Great things are in store!  I had an offer to do some shots for a local CrossFit, and dare I say it's the beginning of a great opportunity on all fronts!  CrossFit Waco is an amazing community of people and I am now one of them!  If your local, you need to get signed up, like yesterday.  Be on the lookout for my work on their website, the new Success Stories will be up soon :)


And since I'm now training there, we've been eating a little differently.  We already eat pretty much on the healthy side, now I'm just tweaking things a little more.


Thankfully, Caroline has a great coach at school who really encourages living a healthy lifestyle.  She teaches them the importance of what you eat and how you get exercise.  Every year she helps to encourage our kids to participate in a local marathon, Miracle Match Marathon.  The kids run a marathon over a period of time at school.  The last mile of the marathon is run at the Miracle Match Marathon during the kids run.  It's a great cause, a great event and it's awesome how fired up she gets our kids, if only she could get us parents in gear.


We had a great time!  Our tiny little school of just over 200 kids had 84 participate!  I rode with one of my besties and we really enjoyed watching how excited all the kids were.

It's time for me to get away from the computer and go to CFW and get my butt kicked for the day...oh joy.  One day I'll be happy about it, when I'm not so sore that it hurts to drive.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Good to hear from you Alicia! Good for you in making lifestyle changes. I wish I had a place locally here to kick MY butt! Great job on the poodle skirt! Oh my! My kids would have been sorely disappointed with my end result, I'm afraid.